Electric cut-outs

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Anybody use these? I have them on my Vette and I believe they offer a great dual purpose use.

Jim

Justanotherdodge said:
I have these...they're alot of fun:D

Where did you install them and the electric switch? Im thinking about installing these instead of a new cat-back.

The guy that made my mid pipes put them in right before the catback, but I've noticed since then, there's space for them where the cats used to be. The switch, we just ran up under the carpet to the dash and fed it out under the steering wheel...didn't wanna cut any holes.

Where did you get yours and how much?

Mine are DMH 3" Elect. and they usually go for $350+/ pair band new...I got mine from a friend and were slightly used so they were $250:)

yes where did ya get them and i wanna hear them as well
it must be fun going from normal to nascar is seconds :rock:

Honestly I am totally clueless to what you gentlemen are discussing. What are they for? How do they function? What do they look like? Where could I get some? Why am I asking you guys so many questions?

hey venom power i know this is off subject but what kind of sub is in ur truck

Venom Power said:
Honestly I am totally clueless to what you gentlemen are discussing. What are they for? How do they function? What do they look like? Where could I get some? Why am I asking you guys so many questions?

The electric cutouts are installed inline in your exhaust. They are electrically actuated butterfly valves that are controlled via electric rocker switch mounted anywhere in the cabin. When you open the valves, it allows the exhuast to bypass the mufflers, cats, etc (depending on where you have them mounted). The result is more power and a great sound (see my video in "my other car" post). But when you want quiet cruising just close up the valves and let the exhaust gases pass through the exhuast.

Jim

spdrcrj said:
The electric cutouts are installed inline in your exhaust. They are electrically actuated butterfly valves that are controlled via electric rocker switch mounted anywhere in the cabin. When you open the valves, it allows the exhuast to bypass the mufflers, cats, etc (depending on where you have them mounted). The result is more power and a great sound (see my video in "my other car" post). But when you want quiet cruising just close up the valves and let the exhaust gases pass through the exhuast.

Jim
hey i could not find that post do ya have a link

spdrcrj said:

Jim

That sounds super tough. Where could I acquire such a device? I've never heard of that before.

If you know of a lot of drag-racing fanatics like I do, then you might be able to find a nice used set(mine were $250...retail is $360). But if not, then you can order a brand new set off of DMH. There's several other companies that offer these as well if you go to yahoo and search "Electric Exhaust Cut-outs"...they are really simple to install and are CRAZY loud if you go open header style(right behind the exhaust manifolds).

The only drawback I've had with these is a bit of gas leakage around the valve when their closed...nothing horrible, but all Elect. cut-outs have them:dontknow: If you feel like uncorking them manually they come with a set of caps that bolt on and by what i hear, they eliminate leaks, but I dont wanna bother with gettin up under the truck everytime i wanna romp on it. Plus people give you some really funny looks when your truck stops at a stop light and goes from nice low rumble to open header race engine sound:D :D :D

Venom Power said:
That sounds super tough. Where could I acquire such a device? I've never heard of that before.

The ones on my Vette are QTP. Not sure if I can post a link here so I'll pm you the site.

Jim

Sounds good. I would love to have them in the morning so I don't wake up the neighborhood, but once away....:D

heres a question can you put them on a stock truck ? what about the O2 sensor and how about back pressure?
i have no clue on this

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back