Electric Cutout warranty

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to put some electric cutouts on my truck. I like the idea of flicking a switch to turn up the volume. But I have concerns with them leaking, the y pipe rusting, and the motors going out.

Is anyone running these, or can you suggest a good name brand. Dougs had a rack and pinion valve, and i have seen others with a butterfly valve. I was looking at QTP's Y-pipe cutout as its made of 304 or 409 steel but i hear the electric valves leak.

Ive run flow techs on my f body's with a wing nut cap. Ran with the cap off 90% of the time but when cops were around you had to coast in neutral. They rusted bad!

Do you have to hold the button down till it closes or is it a push on push off thing?

i got a set off ebay and they have been fine so far. had one on a diesel too and you hold the switch down for 2 seconds and they open same to close them

I just ordered 2- 3" steel cutouts that im going to fab into my x-metal mids. See how i like it open. If i dont like the sound the mids are for sale, and justin get ready, ill need some new ones. CATS SUCK! If i do like the sound then i think im going to go with doug's electric $585. Lifetime warranty. I should have them installed by friday and wreaking havoc on sunday. Ill keep the thread updated. See if my friend can post some soundclips for me.

eddie what name brand do you got? Do they leak any? Rediculolus at wot?
Any complaints?

JeffBoyette said:
eddie what name brand do you got? Do they leak any? Rediculolus at wot?
Any complaints?
well they work fine i cant tell if they leak or not cause mine is so loud through the mufflers:D they sound worse open. the v 10 wont sound nuthin like a v8 with open headers

Watching this thread very closely...I think this is my next mod too.

Tony...work us a deal!!!

I remember Doneo's at the Mopar Nationals last year...they sounded just rude!

Prof said:
I remember Doneo's at the Mopar Nationals last year...they sounded just rude!
different with the roe brother. ive got 3 in with magnaflow round mufflers and they are wicked. through the cutouts it sounds like sheeeeitt as jack says:D

I'm running the 3" (Race Ready performance) electric cutouts(butterfly type). I find once they warm up for 5min. they start to vibrate a bit. They claimed to have a life time warranty on leakage, but both of mine leaked a bit from day one. The Y pipes were junk, so I grinded down ruff edges, rewelded some of it, and added flanges. I'm running these with Mopar long tube headers, and the sound is sickening.

Sn8kChrmr said:
I'm running the 3" (Race Ready performance) electric cutouts(butterfly type). I find once they warm up for 5min. they start to vibrate a bit. They claimed to have a life time warranty on leakage, but both of mine leaked a bit from day one. The Y pipes were junk, so I grinded down ruff edges, rewelded some of it, and added flanges. I'm running these with Mopar long tube headers, and the sound is sickening.

Pics by any chance?

electric cutouts, dont waste your money on them. if you want cut outs get the ones that have the plates you un-bolt. its a little more work but they dont leak..

I do have pics, but not sure how to add. Not good with PC's. Y pipes are fab'd into mids, and they do come with blinds, if you want to button them up tight. Will change Avitar pic, only thing I know how to do so far.(I'm learning) This is passenger side, with cutouts in open possition.

Last edited:
So the general consensus is
annoying and obnoxious when open
the only time im going to enjoy them open is at the finish line with a slightly higher mph but slower 60ft?

well then.... Im just going to a rebel and put it on anyway. Worst case, i dont like the sound ill put my mids with the cutouts up for sale monday and buy justins mids, be an upgrade anyway,

When ever you are around I can't take my eyes off your girl friend...sorry, just not able to control myself...:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back