Electric Fan - Check Engine Light

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a electric fan from JMB and after in was installed my check engine light came on. Is there a fix for this?

I would get ahold of Justin and see if has any ideas. Was everything plugged into the wiring harness? The only issue I ran into was since there was longer the extra hydraulic lines for the fan, the power steering was overpowered and one of the supplied PS A/N fittings blew out.

I got the same code when I installed an electric fan as well. I believe it's something Torrie can fix from what I hear.

I have it too, I used a standalone fan controller rather than Justin's harness. Maybe that's why? Any similarities because of a standalone?

You just need to put a resistor from the 5v supply to the signal wire on the factory connector, it takes just a couple minutes. Email me (I dont get on here much) with an address and I can send a resistor, or you can get one at your local radio shack for super cheap. Its weird because only a few trucks have gotten the code and all the trucks that we installed the fan on here at the shop never got it, so I didnt realize it was an issue until I got an email about it.
Thanks
Justin

I had this problem too and I fixed it by taking the solenoid from the hydraulic fan (the part that just slides right off) and plugging it into the harness that used to go to the fan.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back