Emergency lights from my SRT-10.....

You need more in the rear.
I like flashy things :D

walbert said:
You need more in the rear.
I like flashy things :D

I know. I want some hide-a-way LEDs in the reverse lights. Just don't want to pay for them.:D

viperpwred said:
jw.. y do u have lignts on personal vehilce?
hows medic school btw

I am a volunteer fire captain and respond direct to calls if needed. We have a 21 firefighter roster that are all volunteer. So when the tones go off, we all respond from home, or work or restaurants or wherever we are. Hard to get thru traffic to get to the station without some lights.

Haven't started class yet. Gonna try to get in a class that starts in July.

Nice...

However, they looked better on the 10

VJ

Black1 said:
Sweet!!!

I think you can get the side mirrors with strobes already in them, can't you? :confused:

This is the ones I have. They are Whelen LED mirror beams. They come with a black plastic housing that mounts over the existing mirror.

newmirror.jpg

EMT/SRT said:
This is the ones I have. They are Whelen LED mirror beams. They come with a black plastic housing that mounts over the existing mirror.

newmirror.jpg

Those are SWEET!!! :rock: I thought Ford installed a set on the interceptor package, tho. :confused:

Black1 said:
Those are SWEET!!! :rock: I thought Ford installed a set on the interceptor package, tho. :confused:

They might now a days but this beast is a 1999! Started about 3 years ago. You know how side projects get put on hold all along.

Bought the car as a "junk" Holmes County investigator car that needed a transmission and was wrecked lightly in the front. Hit a downed tree during a hurricane in 2004. The car was originally a FHP LT unmarked unit.

Installed a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6L DOHC engine and trans. Had it painted the original color.

Right now we are waiting for the 4.10 gears to get here. Has 3.73 now. Plus I have a lead on a guy who is installing a supercharger on his 1997 cobra mustang. So I'm gonna buy his cobra intake manifold and intake cams and he has a BBK throttle body. Those changes will make this engine a cobra mustang engine. Should be quite a bit quicker with that and the gears. Hopefully I'll get to test it out at Holt at the GTG! I have fallen in love with these P71 interceptors. Not as in love as an SRT-10, but I like this car! Not to mention the respect it gets going down the highway. Everyone waves, slows down, puts their seatbelts on. I consider myself saving lives by just riding around. :D

Yep, P71's rock. I really like the bodystyle with those black steel wheels and the (small) chrome center caps. :rock:

Tim Allen had one he kept at his beach house in SW Michigan. It had all kinds of stuff on it - Kenny Bell S/C, Bassani Exhaust, springs, shocks, etc. But, it was totally sleeper... all black, FBI style. :cool: The only thing on the outside that wasn't P71 was little itty-bitty "KB" emblems on the fenders. :D

Big, comfortable, and FAST..... I love em. :)

EMT/SRT said:
They might now a days but this beast is a 1999! Started about 3 years ago. You know how side projects get put on hold all along.

Bought the car as a "junk" Holmes County investigator car that needed a transmission and was wrecked lightly in the front. Hit a downed tree during a hurricane in 2004. The car was originally a FHP LT unmarked unit.

Installed a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6L DOHC engine and trans. Had it painted the original color.

Right now we are waiting for the 4.10 gears to get here. Has 3.73 now. Plus I have a lead on a guy who is installing a supercharger on his 1997 cobra mustang. So I'm gonna buy his cobra intake manifold and intake cams and he has a BBK throttle body. Those changes will make this engine a cobra mustang engine. Should be quite a bit quicker with that and the gears. Hopefully I'll get to test it out at Holt at the GTG! I have fallen in love with these P71 interceptors. Not as in love as an SRT-10, but I like this car! Not to mention the respect it gets going down the highway. Everyone waves, slows down, puts their seatbelts on. I consider myself saving lives by just riding around. :D

its just so much fun to drive in... i went with a buddy of mine from here to vegas a couple weeks back in his white chp unmarked car (not in comission but has the PA and spot lights) we were going 105 on the fwy PAST a bike cop with radar and he didnt even flinch... gotta get me one of em :D:D:D

EMT/SRT said:
I am a volunteer fire captain and respond direct to calls if needed. We have a 21 firefighter roster that are all volunteer. So when the tones go off, we all respond from home, or work or restaurants or wherever we are. Hard to get thru traffic to get to the station without some lights.

Haven't started class yet. Gonna try to get in a class that starts in July.

ahh.. that explains it.. no volunteer fire depts in Los angeles.

viperpwred said:
its just so much fun to drive in... i went with a buddy of mine from here to vegas a couple weeks back in his white chp unmarked car (not in comission but has the PA and spot lights) we were going 105 on the fwy PAST a bike cop with radar and he didnt even flinch... gotta get me one of em :D:D:D
Yep! when I sold my truck and drove it to Jacksonville, my dad followed me on the Crown Vic and we cruised back at about 85-90 mph without a bat of an eye.

a quick Q on color of lights.
red? up here ems gets green,fire chief red, VF gets blue, as does medical. are you a chief or is that the colors down there?

looks sharp for a 99. what mpg do you get?

scoobert said:
a quick Q on color of lights.
red? up here ems gets green,fire chief red, VF gets blue, as does medical. are you a chief or is that the colors down there?

looks sharp for a 99. what mpg do you get?

It's my understanding that in most states only police can have blue lights. Fire is usually just red and "emergency and work vehicles" get yellow (tow trucks, road workers, plows, etc).

:dontknow:

Black1 said:
It's my understanding that in most states only police can have blue lights. Fire is usually just red and "emergency and work vehicles" get yellow (tow trucks, road workers, plows, etc).

:dontknow:

funny how things are from state to state. in ny state police have red PIC 1, in PA, red, white, and blue PIC 2, vermont is blue only.
P7190021.jpg

P3100094.jpg

P3260009.jpg

Most LEO's in Florida are all blue. Highway Patrol as gone to red and blue. They say the red is more visible at night than blue. All fire and EMS vehicles in Florida are red.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back