Emissions ( HELP)

stephen rose

Reaction score
I live in Massachusetts and when I took my 06 QC Night Runner for emissions test which is required by law in MA in order to get an inspection sticker it failed.
The dealer in NJ where I bought it in August told me to take it to a Dodge dealership and see what the problem is. Here is what I have and what the dealership told me.

06 QC Night Runner #258
ROE supercharger
Headers (don't know what brand)
Performance exhaust (don't know what brand)

Per the dealership it failed because it has no catalytic converter
Please tell me what I need?
Do I need 2 catalytic converters
Do I need O2 sensors
How much $$$ we looking at
Where's the best place to purchase

Thanks for the help.
Steve

Can you post pictures of the headers? The cheapest way you can get it to work would be if that manufacturer offers mid pipes with high flow cats already installed.

Truck's at dealership I'll have to go pick it up and post pics

Alright let us know, we will be able to ID the headers and get you pointed in the right direction.

Regardless of header you need to splice in just after header 2 new hi flow cats and yes you need functioning rear O2 sensors hooked up to pass I'm sure.

you will need two convertors, all four 02's connected, then drive cycle of a few hundred to reset all, just went thru it with a few others in jersey, give me a call if you can get it worked out will connect you with someone that may be able to help, call the shop

I live in Massachusetts and when I took my 06 QC Night Runner for emissions test which is required by law in MA in order to get an inspection sticker it failed.
The dealer in NJ where I bought it in August told me to take it to a Dodge dealership and see what the problem is. Here is what I have and what the dealership told me.

06 QC Night Runner #258
ROE supercharger
Headers (don't know what brand)
Performance exhaust (don't know what brand)

Per the dealership it failed because it has no catalytic converter
Please tell me what I need?
Do I need 2 catalytic converters
Do I need O2 sensors
How much $$$ we looking at
Where's the best place to purchase

Thanks for the help.
Steve

Just wondering. Did you buy this from a franchised dealership or a private used car lot?

Before spending any money I'd be inclined to make a stink with the dealer. They should have sold you a vehicle that is legal to register or notified you that it won't pass emissions.

This is a perfect example of modifications being done, then the vehicle gets passed off on an unsuspecting new owner.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back