Emissions in Georgia

err76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So,
I just got back from the emissions place and all they did was hook up to the computer and test the gas cap. I asked and they said that sniff tests are only done to 95 and older.

If I did a Catalytic Converter delete, Will the truck still pass emissions through the computer portion?

So,
I just got back from the emissions place and all they did was hook up to the computer and test the gas cap. I asked and they said that sniff tests are only done to 95 and older.

If I did a Catalytic Converter delete, Will the truck still pass emissions through the computer portion?

Did they look under it with a mirror. If yes they were looking for the Cat. You can use hi flow or gutted cats.

Did they look under it with a mirror. If yes they were looking for the Cat. You can use hi flow or gutted cats.

No, she was a Dumbass, She tried to tell me the truck weighed 8700lbs and did not require emissions.

No, she was a Dumbass, She tried to tell me the truck weighed 8700lbs and did not require emissions.

if it did not screw with your tag fees, i think i would have gone with it :dontknow::D

So,

From the Georgia's Clean Air Force Emission Testing

All 1996 and newer vehicles will receive a three-part inspection:

An OBD test to check your vehicle’s emission control performance history.
A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.
A visual inspection of the catalytic converter to check for tampering or removal.

All 1995 and older model year vehicles will receive a three-part inspection:

A TSI test or an Accelerated Simulation Mode (ASM2) test - A dual-mode test including a 25/25 test = 25 percent load at 25 MPH and a 50/15 test = 50 percent load at 15 MPH.
A visual inspection of the catalytic converter to check for tampering or removal.

An inspector can reject a vehicle for testing if it is considered unsafe to test. If the test has already begun when the safety problem is detected, the inspector may charge the full price of the test.

From the Georgia's Clean Air Force Emission Testing

All 1996 and newer vehicles will receive a three-part inspection:

An OBD test to check your vehicle’s emission control performance history.

All 1995 and older model year vehicles will receive a three-part inspection:

A TSI test or an Accelerated Simulation Mode (ASM2) test - A dual-mode test including a 25/25 test = 25 percent load at 25 MPH and a 50/15 test = 50 percent load at 15 MPH.

An inspector can reject a vehicle for testing if it is considered unsafe to test. If the test has already begun when the safety problem is detected, the inspector may charge the full price of the test.

I have lived in Ga for years and never had any of this done to any of or my wife's vehicles so I cant help ya out any, but the second they do I will register everything back in Fla. again

I have lived in Ga for years and never had any of this done to any of or my wife's vehicles so I cant help ya out any, but the second they do I will register everything back in Fla. again

You have never had emissions done on any of your vehicles?

Remember some counties in GA don't have testing. ;'>

GA here also... they're correct, several counties don't have emissions testing, and even more have exemption for pickups where there's agricultural zoning.

GA here also... they're correct, several counties don't have emissions testing, and even more have exemption for pickups where there's agricultural zoning.

Where for might one find this information?

From GA. Clean Air Site:

If you purchase or lease a new vehicle, you do not require an emissions test under Georgia law.

If you purchase or lease a vehicle that is 2 years old or less, you do not need an emissions test.

Only vehicles that have a model year between 1986 and 2 years from the current year require the test - provided you are registering the vehicle in one of 13 Georgia Counties - Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding or Rockdale County.

Vehicles registered outside of these Counties do not require an emissions test. Additionally, the Georgia Emissions Test is only for gasoline-powered cars and light trucks (having a gross vehicle weight of 8,500 pounds or less). Motorcycles, RV's, motor homes, diesel vehicles, and other alternative fuel vehicles do not required emission testing for registration purposes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back