Emissions today

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always cringe when emissions time rolls around, not because I fear my truck will fail, but because of the incompetence of the operators.
First I pull up and he won't believe it's a 2004 model year. (Claimed it looked brand new and I don't need testing)
Tells me the door sticker must have been changed (again the truck looks too new to be an 04) and won't use that VIN, has to get up to see the dash VIN. So I make him use a stool and not lean on the truck.

Then
he does not believe the engine is a V10
Looks underneath with his mirror but still won't believe me that it has dual exhaust. I tell him to get down and actually look underneath.
Questions why the payload is so low if the truck has a V10
Doesn't believe the low mileage for a truck 11 years old.

Just a general PIA every time.

That sounds like a fun experience.....

Mine isn't too bad here. As long as there isn't window tint on it he wont check anything. He always asks "Is it a 6 cylinder or 8 cylinder?" I say "10". He says " Hum" and stares at the computer for the next 10-15 minutes. Then I pay my $13 and I'm on my way. Also, no emissions standards in my county so I really need to get on hacking my cats off.

I live in Canada too and we still don't need these emissions test yet. Everyone have to pass it or it's only older cars/trucks?:confused:

I used to live in Canada, moved to Gwinnett county in Georgia 3 years ago.
Yearly emissions for anything over 3 years old

Oh crap, if other provinces already doing theses emissions tests sooner or later this will be a reality here. This thread just solved my cats/no cats dilemma lol. Living in the highest taxed place in North America, our tax craving government won't pass an occasion to get a little more :(

Oh crap, if other provinces already doing theses emissions tests sooner or later this will be a reality here. This thread just solved my cats/no cats dilemma lol. Living in the highest taxed place in North America, our tax craving government won't pass an occasion to get a little more :(

I don't live in Canada..Really need to change the old screen name.

just think another 40 years you won't need emissions anymore

here in vegas they have to be '67 and older so I'm hoping in 40 years they will move the date up to '05………..:D

or you can get classic plates when its 20 years old but then they check your mileage each year. of course, soon they will start taxing your mileage since gas tax revenue is down due to hybrids……………………...

Lol if I wait enough for being legit for a classic plate, it'll cost just under 100$ per year but remove the legal access to the highway. Only good for show cars. What they got for 10 owners is the special high displacement engine tax which mean 600$, great!

In miss growing up in Amish country ohio.. I was able to drive around with open headers.

Surprisingly, we can do that with no problem here in the Bay Area. It's the speeding part that they make a fuss about. :burnout:

Emmision test every year here too . Took the beast in this year, carries out the test and the tech comes over to me and whispers you aint gonna pass the emmisions in a million years, my heart drops, then says "we wont worry about that will we?"lovely

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back