Engine advice please

You do realize viper Jeff is one of the best assets you have here and get more information than you even dreamed of. Maybe you want to be nice to him, just sayin'

No worries, just help the gentleman with his questions. As he requested, I'll just stay out of his business

Attitude

You do realize viper Jeff is one of the best assets you have here and get more information than you even dreamed of. Maybe you want to be nice to him, just sayin'

I'm sure he does have knowledge but that does not give him the right to say the things he says. Hope he just passes over my threads and keeps he advice or knowledge to himself. No one deserves the things he says. But, thank u for the advice. I appreciate it

our Gen III's have a returnless fuel system.

Fuel return

our Gen III's have a returnless fuel system.

Thanks for the repley, that's interesting, I wonder if the gen twos have one or not.. Do u know what the gph is on the systym?

Hey hawk

Thanks for your info. I'm new at these engines. I'm puting a 04 srt10 with auto trans into a 61 Chrysler. Really new at these 10 cyls. If it's ok with u id like to contact u once in a while with questions on this motor. Is that ok? If so could u give me a email address? Id reAlly appreciate your advice.

Hey hawk, Can I pick your brain?,,
3 things... 1st, what would make my 10 cyl not shut off for 7 seconds after I turn the key off? 2nd, is it supposed to idle at 60# fuel pressure and be 60# down the road both or does the computer shut the pressure down at a idle?
And last, and 3rd, can u take a lasor temp test on the water outlet housing to see what temp it is fully warmed up
What ever u can help me with would b appreciated much

Hey hawk, Can I pick your brain?,,
3 things... 1st, what would make my 10 cyl not shut off for 7 seconds after I turn the key off? 2nd, is it supposed to idle at 60# fuel pressure and be 60# down the road both or does the computer shut the pressure down at a idle?
And last, and 3rd, can u take a lasor temp test on the water outlet housing to see what temp it is fully warmed up
What ever u can help me with would b appreciated much

Hawk can chime in later, but I can answer #2. The fuel pressure should remain constant. I won't drive my truck again until Monday, but I'll get a laser temp reading on the water outlet housing then. Hawk can't do that because he sold his Viper powered beast earlier this year.

Mel,

I had to run to the hardware store today and I took the truck so I could grab some temperature readings. Here ya go:

U did good hawk. U answered my question. If I can ever help u in return, ring me. Good man....

Fuel pressure advice

Can some advise me on fuel pressure? On a 06, if I run a 65psi pump, will I need a regulator or will 65psi b regulated in the computer? Or maybe 65 is ok for idleing too?
As usual, thanks in advance for your knowledge

our trucks run at 60 psi from Idle to Red line.. Have a great day!

Fuel pressure

Ok, hey thanks much for the repley. I'll go with that

As I am skimming over this thread, I am seeing a few (more) guys who make the age old mistake... and that is buying a Viper engine thinking its a piece of cake to integrate into a street rod or other oddball application. Why does no one seem to ask an actual Viper builder about these types of projects BEFORE buying the engine and shoe-horning it into the project?

Gen-2 based "crate engine" applications are much easier due to the Mopar wiring harness available to do it, and the new resurrected from the dead Crate Engine ECU that we brought back to market. Gen-3 on the other hand, is a tad more difficult to integrate using the OE engine management system. For a more complete solution, most people end up biting the bullet on a Stand-Alone based system.

If only I had a dollar for every customer who has beat down my door with this exact chain of events... and yet I believe out of all of those times, perhaps TWO of those customers actually got someone like me involved from the start. When you do, neat things become possible. The newest slated project is a Gen-3/Gen-4/Gen-5 based build, shoe-horned into a resto-mod 1969 Charger, running Twin Turbos, controlled by a Pectel SQ6M12, with a full color digital dash... The fun stuff :)

The last resto-mod project was a show stopper as well;

pk30_1.jpg

pk30_2.jpg

pk30_3.jpg

pk30_4.jpg

pk30_5.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back