engine clicking and brakes squealing

Reaction score
lately iv been noticing at about 185 degrees the engine has this loud click click click noise. i thought it was the belt but everything looks fine. any1 have any ideas?

also i have 11,000 miles on the truck and the brakes squeek everytime i stop. i went to the dealer i got it from and they said that its normal with these trucks and brakes. but now im noticing grinding and sounds like there is no brake pad just metal to metal. but the truck stops on a dime.

wtf is goin on??

My chevy work truck makes a click click sound has now for 50kmiles in my case there is a gap between the pushrod and the rocker arm resulting in a click sound every time that piston rotates hope thats not the case for you.
as for the brakes that is normal, ANNOYING but normal.everyone swears about EBC Green pads but I havent tried them yet

have to take off tires check all rotors could have seized caliper piston putting constant pressure on one of the pads wearing it down before the others.could be inside pad you would see grooves on outside.

change the pads first to eliminate that from the equation...

and the ticking...is probably normal valvetrain noise from these lifters...sounds like an old truck...but it's probably normal, too...

uhh...pull the wheel off and look....:shot:

honestly...you may not NEED to...but if your truck has the oem pads (which, it sounds like it does) then you will never get rid of the constant dust and squeal.... trust us...some people, who don't drive theirs much...don't bother...but for anything more than 2 grocery store trips/week....i'd change them...

you will loose some of that initial bite from the oem pads, but it's not terrible...

also, while you're at it...have the brake fluid flushed...a few good hard panic stops from 100+ will cook your fluid...(ehem, so i hear;)) unless you've had the truck since new...then you know how it's been driven...

only 20 yr old wit srt said:
lol the truck is my daily driver aha i aint loaded where i have 2 cars on hand. i work to pay for the truck lol
go to napa and buy a set of pads they will do away with the squeak and the majority of the dust. the valvetrain noise is normal, go to 15w 40 and it will quiet down.

Sqeek/ squeal and dust from factory brakes is normal.....metal on metal grinding is not ---pull wheels and check brakes and rotors....I use the zeckhausen posi centric pads much less dust and no noise at all since installed.....

RedSrt007 said:
your username distracts me :p ..what does wit mean?

he shows to be from New York

wit = with

&

yut = youth

&

ax = ask

:aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details