Engine Code 0320

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by sgtjc03, Feb 5, 2017.

1. sgtjc03

sgtjc03 Full Access Member

I know this has been covered here before in a thread from 2006. Just checking to see if there is any new information. A while back, this code (0320) appeared after my truck stalled. Took a few minutes to get it to fire up and drive again. Figured I would get it looked at shortly, but time passed and it seemed an annoyance that I could deal with for a short time. It is getting worse. I notice that it appears to be heat related? I have disconnected negative terminal to reset, and the code disappears. But it may pop up a few days later. If I have driven for 20 minutes or so, forget about it. It will not fire up. I usually disconnect the battery and have to wait for the engine to cool down. 45 minutes or more maybe. I can then reconnect and fire up and move. If I don't let it cool down, but just disconnect the battery to reset, then the truck will fire up and move about 20 feet and then die. The solutions offered in the previous thread involved disconnecting the battery, (done, and it does reset the code temporarily) or having the PCM flashed by the dealer. But the TSB that was linked to regarding this appeared to cover only '04 models. Any new information or remedies available? I found a PCM for '05 quad cab automatics on Ebay for 2199.00. Ouch. But there is also a service that offers to repair yours if you send it in - SIA Electronics. Anyone heard of this? Sorry for the long post, but this is the place to get the right scoop. I hesitate to take it to the dealer right now, due to my feelings that I will turn in a truck that runs (with problems) and then return to find a truck that is dead - sorry buddy, nothing could be done.