Engine Coolant Help. . .

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been planing to paint my engine coolant tank black.
I figured I might as well change the fluid while I'm at it.
I got the OEM Mopar HOAT Anti-Freeze & distilled water, and am wondering
should I flush the whole system or just drain the overflow tank and add the 50/50 Mopar/Distilled water to it?
My truck has 15000 miles and the coolant has not been completely changed yet, so this makes me want to flush it and replace all the coolant.

Need some opinions on what I should do, and how to flush the coolant...:confused:

Standard procedures to flush coolant.
- drain cold coolant (safety) by turning valve underneath radiator, driver's side
- follow directions on kit if using one
- add water, run engine around 10 mins (you can turn heater on too)
- drain water
- close valve
- add new coolant/distilled water/water wetter/etc

You can use a diverter or just empty the overflow tank.
That's my 69 cents on the subject.

Also, will have to bleed some of the air out of the system as any other radiator.

Also, will have to bleed some of the air out of the system as any other radiator.

The air bleed is on the engine near the thermostat housing, fill up the radiator to the cap, then crack the bleed screw and let all the air out. Once fluid comes out tighten it back up. Then top up the radiator level again and your good to go.

is the HOAT anti-freeze pre-mixed 50/50???

is the HOAT anti-freeze pre-mixed 50/50???

I believe it's not premixed with distilled water.
For one, if it was, you'd have to buy 5 gallons worth which would be 100$+.

The air bleed is on the engine near the thermostat housing, fill up the radiator to the cap, then crack the bleed screw and let all the air out. Once fluid comes out tighten it back up. Then top up the radiator level again and your good to go.

This post makes me happy. I have come up with some not so clever ways to burp air out of our system over the years. Wish i read the manual on this one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back