Engine face lift

Privatetoe82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epe5y5um.jpg
byne5esu.jpg
jygy7a9a.jpg

Wanted to try something a little different. Havent really seen this color done on our trucks. I got some more plans to paint the manifold as well and incorporate just a touch more of the coppery color as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that picture makes a lot more sense now that I got on the forum.

Looks real good. Keep us updated on how the paint holds up on all of it. Especially the valve covers.

What kind of paint is it hi temp

Yeah, high temp. Used a self etching primer first, then high temp paint and high temp clear. Looks killer in person. It really pops. It was overcast when i got home, and supposed to snow a bunch tomorrow, so im still waiting to see it out in the sun light. And really cant wait to do the intake manifold. I have an idea that should look pretty cool. And i got ideas for some other parts to paint to help some things to blend in more and others to really pop when you open the hood. I dont have all the money to make it go fast, but some decent paint work should at least make it look good sittin still. Haha.

what did you do to remove the original red finish on the valve covers? Also curious to see what trhis air diverter is to.

Last edited:
Just cleaned up a bit and sprayed self etching primer right over it. I have had some awesome results using it. Especially on chrome parts like grills and stuff, and on wheels. Seems to adhere very well to most surfaces. This is my first time on something like valve covers, but so far so good. Had a 50 min drive home from Es where i painted it, and drove to the gym today. So ill see how it goes.

apyru5eq.jpg
anyjebep.jpg

Couple more pics i took today in the daylight. But it was pretty overcast.

Did you just use masking tape on the Viper letters? Pretty clean, I'm gonna do mine but I'm crappy at the details always screw the masking.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back