Engine is going in..Truck is almost finshed...for real this time.

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after over 3 years down, the beast is almost finished. got all powder coated items (valve covers and intake) back from Stinker last week (BTW, they look fantastic).

Here's what been done:

Fully Ported and Polished Heads
Re-shaped and Polished Combustion Chambers
Manley Valves
Comp Springs
Harland Sharp Rockers
Comp Hardened Push Rods
Milled Heads .020

Custom Comp Cam .573'' Lift

Bottom end has been rebuilt. Decked and Honed. new rings, main and rod bearings. Balanced.

Roe TB
JMB Intake

Bassani Ceramic coated headers.
Catless mids.
Magnaflow exhaust.

New Spec Stage 3+ Clutch

SCT Tuner (Torries tune coming soon)

Anyway, should have her back in the next few days. Ill post up pics tomorrow of the install. Im so excited to get her back. been too long.

Last edited:
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Congrats!! What kind of HP are you looking at?

well, i put down 531rwhp with my last setup. this setup has better better port job, milled heads and slightly ported intake. with a Torrie tune...im hoping to be in the 550+ rwhp range with close to 600 ft/lbs of tq to the wheels.

well, i put down 531rwhp with my last setup. this setup has better better port job, milled heads and slightly ported intake. with a Torrie tune...im hoping to be in the 550+ rwhp range with close to 600 ft/lbs of tq to the wheels.

Sweet!!:rock::rock: Are you runing Nos on top of that?

nope...thats how i blew my first engine...

oh ok understand that. Was your first engine forged or stock top and bottom end?

Your build should be in the 12 sec range right (correct me if i am wrong not a motor head)?

What shot were you running on you first engine, how many sprays did you get out of it and was is a zex kit?

Just asking so i dont make the same mistake bud.

should hit high 11's if he can get good traction.....but definitely low 12's without a problem. can't wait to see everything together buddy

oh ok understand that. Was your first engine forged or stock top and bottom end?

Your build should be in the 12 sec range right (correct me if i am wrong not a motor head)?

What shot were you running on you first engine, how many sprays did you get out of it and was is a zex kit?

Just asking so i dont make the same mistake bud.

never been forged. (my spare block i have is going under the knife soon for that though) engine was stock. was running a 150shot. thing ran like a bat out of hell. didnt have a window switch. didnt have it tuned. HUGE MISTAKE. just threw the kit on there and hit it. i think the kit was a nitrous express.

i dont do alot of drag racing...just a few roll racing on a cleared highway or abandoned country roads (that was for you TIM:p:D ). but i would imagine id be in the low 12's or high 11's with proper traction...

never been forged. (my spare block i have is going under the knife soon for that though) engine was stock. was running a 150shot. thing ran like a bat out of hell. didnt have a window switch. didnt have it tuned. HUGE MISTAKE. just threw the kit on there and hit it. i think the kit was a nitrous express.

i dont do alot of drag racing...just a few roll racing on a cleared highway or abandoned country roads (that was for you TIM:p:D ). but i would imagine id be in the low 12's or high 11's with proper traction...

Oh ok yeah i hear 150 is safe on stock if you have a tune for it. (i think FATJACK ran a 200 shot b4 lol) LOL im sure that 150 made it run like a bat out of hell too. Yeah i dont DR alot either(right now) but dont mind going to the track every now and then. Eventuallly i want to do a build for mid to high 11s or super low 12s. If ya dont mind me asking how much did your build run ya or ball park figure?

Oh ok yeah i hear 150 is safe on stock if you have a tune for it. (i think FATJACK ran a 200 shot b4 lol) LOL im sure that 150 made it run like a bat out of hell too. Yeah i dont DR alot either(right now) but dont mind going to the track every now and then. Eventuallly i want to do a build for mid to high 11s or super low 12s. If ya dont mind me asking how much did your build run ya or ball park figure?

with the manley valves, H/S Rockers, Comp Springs and the Comp push rods. then the porting and polish machining, etc...heads came out to be around 3k. cam was 700. bottom end rebuild was 1k. gasket kit and misc items...id say it was around $5500 for the engine alone. got the spec stage 3+ clutch too..and i already had the full exhaust, TB and intake and tuner.

JNT

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back