engine light on: p 0442 error code

kylightning73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys.
so my engine light came on last week and i pulled the code up on the dash and it read P 0442. so i took it down to the dealership and they ran smoke all through the system and checked all the hoses and found no leaks. so saturday my light came back on again and read the same code. i'm taking my truck back down to the dealership again tomorrow. do you guys have any ideas what else it could be?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

kylightning73 said:
hey guys.
so my engine light came on last week and i pulled the code up on the dash and it read P 0442. so i took it down to the dealership and they ran smoke all through the system and checked all the hoses and found no leaks. so saturday my light came back on again and read the same code. i'm taking my truck back down to the dealership again tomorrow. do you guys have any ideas what else it could be?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

had the same prob, gettem to check for a new update on the evap system, if not the valve may be going bad bro

I have the same problem. The engine check light is still on...it is most caused by gas cap loose. Tightly your gas cap. I did mine and it go away then come back again. I took it to dealership but they found no leaks and I have them erase the codes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back