Engine Light?

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so bought my car about a month ago now. Driving to work this morning...look down and bam engine light. Should i be concerned? Might bring it to autozone to see what it is during my lunch.

Okay, so bought my car about a month ago now. Driving to work this morning...look down and bam engine light. Should i be concerned? Might bring it to autozone to see what it is during my lunch.

Nah, go to your truck, cycle the key from off to on position 3 times, leaving in on the 3rd time. Do this withinh 10 seconds. Across your odometer a code will show. Report to us the code and we can help ya out. :D

I found duck tape to work really well for that pesky engine light. :D

Auto Zone should be able to read the code or any good mechanic. Absolutely do check it out.

I'm gonna check it out on my lunch break. Hoping that its just the gas cap. Happened in my cobalt ss too. Bought a walmart one when i left mine at a gas pump highly intoxicated...engine light was on the next 3 years haha.

What they said ^^^^
Check vacuum lines underhood as well. Worst case is its literally a pinhole leak between tank and engine and usually requires a smoke machine to find. Won't affect engine performance or strand you anywhere, just emissions crap. :D

I'm gonna check it out on my lunch break. Hoping that its just the gas cap. Happened in my cobalt ss too. Bought a walmart one when i left mine at a gas pump highly intoxicated...engine light was on the next 3 years haha.

Your lucky that was the only stupid thing you did while driving highly intoxicated...oh, and im sorry you had a cobalt SS...Was it yellow?

thanks venomous your the man. And hahaha it was silver ss stage 2 (sounded like a washing machine)...but did win best car my senior year in high school lol.

What they said ^^^^
Check vacuum lines underhood as well. Worst case is its literally a pinhole leak between tank and engine and usually requires a smoke machine to find. Won't affect engine performance or strand you anywhere, just emissions crap. :D

When my code 0455 is on, the leak you are talking about mine does run differently. Clear the code and the engine idle is slower. :dontknow: My code only comes on when the take is below 1/2. Had my tank removed and cleaned and Scott thinks they pinched a hose of got a pin hole in it. Some day I will have it smoked.

When my code 0455 is on, the leak you are talking about mine does run differently. Clear the code and the engine idle is slower. :dontknow: My code only comes on when the take is below 1/2. Had my tank removed and cleaned and Scott thinks they pinched a hose of got a pin hole in it. Some day I will have it smoked.

Yes yours is likely from removal of your tank to get the water out. It started a day or so afterwards if I remember correctly. These hoses are a hard polyethylene hose that gets brittle fast. Similar to wire loom plastic. Any bend or stress not considered when moving tank can crack these hoses or simply loosen then from connections enough for leak detection pump to recognize its not holding pressure during check. When we upgrade your fuel pumps for your turbo setup we'll address your lines and leak. Or if you get in the area if the stealer ship that removed tank, they should warranty it since it happened from their service. ;)

Okay so went on my lunch. Tightened the cap didnt do anything. Figured okay ill go fill up was a little below a half a tank. Same thing still on. Should i be worried?

Start by replacing cap with new Mopar cap not a cheapo. Not a worry type deal, just emmisions and annoying light,lol:D

You'll need to clear code as well by disconnecting battery for about 10 mins. Or using an SCT if you have one.

Okay yeah i'm prob gonna try a new cap or see if my uncle can fix it next weekend. He owns a custom shop in upstate NY gonna see what kinds of ideas he has for my 10. And he's helping me install my new system can't beat that

Just had this pop up on my 10, going to get a gas cap from the dealer and clear the code. We shall see if it comes back.

Shorty, you need to do a "How To" thread on that Duct Tape procedure. When all else fails, use Duct Tape.

Shorty, you need to do a "How To" thread on that Duct Tape procedure. When all else fails, use Duct Tape.

I will post it right after the bailing wire thread. :D Coming soon. :burnout:

I actually did that with an old, old caddy. Then drove it another 30,000 miles before trading it off. :dontknow:

Hey so i was driving yesterday and stopped at a light. I saw my oil pressure gauge start going down quickly. THe check gauges light flashed for a second then it went back up to normal, obvs with acceleration. Then it continued to fluctuate pretty good for a while. GOt back in it to take it to the store last night. Didn't seem to be a proboem now. Anyone have this happen? I am about 1000 miles overdue from oil change.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back