Engine making a squeaky noise?

Good advice here.................

FerrariTruck said:
pull the belt of and then start the motor to isolate the noise...Hopefully it does go away when you pull the belt off.

P.s. dont run the motor without the belt for more then a minute

while driving the truck this morning a left a light with moderate acceleration to about 40-45 mph, then cruised at that speed... I lightly let off the gas and back on and the truck had a rattling sound coming from it for about 5 seconds 2 times...1 time while letting the off the gas pedal and once again applying the gas pedal... I also noticed it faintly as a I came to a stop several minutes later...
I have not been able to get it to do it again...could this be a cause from the pullies?
I also located pullies from autozone for about $15 are these quality pulley's?

i had the same problem with my truck as did the previous owner. he had the belts replaced and that helped for a little bit. dealer told me one of my pulleys was bent (??) and not quite in the right spot. they put everything back where it belonged and that helped for week or so. it always seemed worse in the colder weather.

i don't have the truck anymore but always wondered what it was that caused that noise.:dontknow:

Haterade said:
i had the same problem with my truck as did the previous owner. he had the belts replaced and that helped for a little bit. dealer told me one of my pulleys was bent (??) and not quite in the right spot. they put everything back where it belonged and that helped for week or so. it always seemed worse in the colder weather.

i don't have the truck anymore but always wondered what it was that caused that noise.:dontknow:
I'm in the same boat right now....:argh:

I beleive that maybe your water pump making that noise. I have come across that before nothing you can really do unless you want to swap out a good one.Jmo

yes i agree with doing simple things first belt, pulleys , oil.. i had an 502 chevy motor that was making a chirping sound, first they thought it was the water pump , but later found a bent valve .... hopefully thats not ur problem bro.. good luck with finding aggravating noise .... :rock: :rock:

Thanks for the responses...I forgot to check the thread yesterday....
I have a belt I'm going to try to put in today, and while I'm at it see if the squeaking goes away (99.8% sure it's the pulley)..so I'll change the bad one of those too...
The new noise which sounds like a rattle similar to somethign heavy hitting something solid (hose rubbing up against fire wall kinda noise)...It did it again this morning around 30 35 mph...Don't have the slightest clue and it happens at different times, from what appears to be coming from the front end???

Got the new belt on and new tensioner pulley so no more squeaky noise....
However I still have this grinding type noise coming from under the truck while under throttle, every once in a while...
As I give it gas while it's making the noise, the noise progresses with the amount of throttle pressure applied, then when decrease the noise gets lower....if I let completely off the noise will either be gone or very faint...
It has me worried as to what it can be but the truck seems to acts and drive the same?
Any thoughts

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back