Engine stalls out at low speeds and high OAT???

freeman090703

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and to the SRT10 world. I used to own a 07 Magnum SRT8 but needed a truck, so why not get the beast....SRT10!!! I recently purchased a used 2005 QC from a small dealer in Santa Monica. It only had 7400 miles on it and the original owner had the Paxton SC installed with a MagnaFlow system put on around 3300 miles on it from DC Performance. I took the truck into them to have them look it over and dyno it for me and they said it was good to go and I got a great deal on it, so I was stoked! Then I left and started my trip home to Vegas and that's where the problem started....

I was in stop n go traffic for over an hour but temperatures were all good and not running high at all. I was crawling down the freeway and the truck started to buck bad and engine started to act as if it was going to stall and die, so I threw it in nuetral and gave it some gas and it was still dying but came back to life. I pulled over and shut the truck off and popped the hood and looked the engine area over and still looked good, no leaks, fluids still present. I hopped back in and started back on the road.....no more issues....until 2 weeks later! I went out to Lake Havasu for the weekend and it was 119 OAT and I was driving in town around 15-20mph and the truck started bucking again, engine dying....so again...I threw it in nuetral and reved it up but this time it didn't want too. I coasted up to a stop sign while feathering the gas and as soon as I came to a complete stop....engine quit! I started it back up without a problem and drove it back to where I was staying 5 miles away with it bucking and trying to quit on me.

I looked it over when I get back and tried looking problems up online and didn't have much luck. I went out the next morning and drove it down to Autozone to see if they could scan it for codes and notta...no codes. It ran fine that day and I haven't had a problem since as the weather has cooled down too. I am now currently deployed in Afghanistan for the next 4 months so I'm trying to read up and get advice so when I get back I can get my truck fixed and running right. Any help would greatly be appreciated! Love the site and glad to see a lot of knowledgable guys here.

One more thing....the tranny....I haven't really beat on the truck at all, just open it up every now and then but nothing more than 120mph. I have noticed when I go to step on the gas it revs up a bit and then seems to start to engage and move fwd. It has AUTO tranny, do I need to adjust bands or get another convertor or something? If so, recomendations are wanted, the truck only has 8500 miles on it as of now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back