engine swap

ccm

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if you can do a direrct swap from my 2006 rc 8.3 to the new 8.4. And also would my headers also bolt up? thanxs

not sure on tranny mounting if the changed the pattern or not,

but you would need the wiring for the 8.4 I would think, since it uses completly different electronics, especailly with the cam.

engine mounts may also be different, but I wouldnt think so.

probably a whole lot of work for a couple ponies:dontknow:

Stinker said:
not sure on tranny mounting if the changed the pattern or not,

but you would need the wiring for the 8.4 I would think, since it uses completly different electronics, especailly with the cam.

engine mounts may also be different, but I wouldnt think so.

probably a whole lot of work for a couple ponies:dontknow:

Ive seen alot more work done for a few sheep.Yes?:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

nycstev said:
Ive seen alot more work done for a few sheep.Yes?:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

Most def, and yeah they are supposed to be 100hp difference, but at the wheel it wouldtn calculate to that, and no dont ask me too this morning,right n now I cant think of what I want to:confused:

but the cam is a different set up inthe gen IV and is electronically controlled, plus the coils are all separate now I do think , so there the wiring again comes into play.

so basically even if you get a gen IV for say......8k, you would need to spend another 1k on wiring, and who knows if the interior wiring is gonna work, so you may have to redo the windows, and interior parts, an spend another 1k on doing the wiring.

I dont know , just seems like a ton of work, plus isnt the gen iv, dont it have dual tb's also.

dang I need to get my second eye open:D

ok...but for 10 grand i've seen head/cam packages plus installs that net around the same goal....so it's a cool factor...

assuming, like you said, that it's not "actually" adding 100hp to the bottom line...

ccm said:
hey guys, just wondering if you can do a direrct swap from my 2006 rc 8.3 to the new 8.4. And also would my headers also bolt up? thanxs
I would assum he is wanting to remove his 8.3, and install a gen IV 600hp into his truck

I've been wondering this myself only I was wondering if the intake would swap between the two engines? I really like the look of that intake.

Even if the engine swap only gave you "100" hp, I think the bragging rights would be the uniqueness and the "first" 8.4L Ram SRT.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back