Engine/trans knock

bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I have had an interesting day. Drove ~ 40miles and parked the truck. After 30min I had to usd the truck again, after a few feet I had to climp a Hill and i When i pushed the gas pedal i had almost no power. And I heared a few real loud knocks from the engine bay!! So i roller backed down and after i was horisontall the problem disappeared i had power once agan and no knocking. Thought it was because i had almost empty tank. So i then drove up the Hill with no problem...fueld up and later on i parked the car, and started it up after ~30min drove down a small "Hill" and the problem came back!! Lost all power and real bad knocking sound.

I have a tune from torrie and recently installed Mopar longtubes. So no cats.
Also there is a strong smell of alcohol from the AC. Not sure if its coolant.

Help wanted! I have no problem with the truck When its horisontal :/

Today I have had an interesting day. Drove ~ 40miles and parked the truck. After 30min I had to usd the truck again, after a few feet I had to climp a Hill and i When i pushed the gas pedal i had almost no power. And I heared a few real loud knocks from the engine bay!! So i roller backed down and after i was horisontall the problem disappeared i had power once agan and no knocking. Thought it was because i had almost empty tank. So i then drove up the Hill with no problem...fueld up and later on i parked the car, and started it up after ~30min drove down a small "Hill" and the problem came back!! Lost all power and real bad knocking sound.

I have a tune from torrie and recently installed Mopar longtubes. So no cats.
Also there is a strong smell of alcohol from the AC. Not sure if its coolant.

Help wanted! I have no problem with the truck When its horisontal :/

Make sure your battery is fastened down! I've seen them move and short out when not secured. You will lose power and smell electrical. Just a far out idea but the Worlds Fastest SRT-10 did similar years back ;-)

Double check wiring harness around passenger side of engine. Harness can rub corner of block and cut wiring. Again making a short.
Could also be coincidental and you're having Crank/Cam sensor issues. Check all obvious things. Batteries also tend to puke when outside temps go from hot/cold/hot etc and can blow a battery cell. Battery can look swollen, especially on the sides.

Good luck sir

Usually when you hear knock, the engine is toast. The ECM/PCM is supposed to pull timing before that happens. That's the point of the knock sensors. Not sure on this engine/tune how many degrees it can do. So hopefully it was just a fluke knock or not engine knock at all.

Im not sure if its coming from the engine I'm just calling it an engine knock. Turned the car off when it happened. The engine works great if when I start on a flat street. No difference in the performance just when I have started the truck and it has to tilt... Could it be low fuel preassure?. It feels like tbe issue is on the passanger side.

Hehe, think its heat related. I warped all cables more than needed when I installed my longtubes, and skipped to relocate the cables... I think that was the reasons. Took the truck out now after a few hours and everything seemd normal.
Thought it was enough to have wrapped headers and wrapped cables so i could skipp relocate them :\ Been very hot in sweden today and been driving alot.

Found out where the smell came from >_> Was a can of 5-56 my friend placed behind my seat...

Glad to hear it was a simple fix for ya', keep driving and enjoy......

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back