Engine Upgrades

prattiare

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new 05 SRT 10 Quad Cab. Taking it to the track next week. What kind of 1\4 mile times should I expect? Also, what are the first recommended engine upgrades? Has anyone sucessfully pulled the heads for head work and cam swap with the motor still in truck? Looks kind of tight. THANKS!!!!!

prattiare said:
Just bought a brand new 05 SRT 10 Quad Cab. Taking it to the track next week. What kind of 1\4 mile times should I expect? Also, what are the first recommended engine upgrades? Has anyone sucessfully pulled the heads for head work and cam swap with the motor still in truck? Looks kind of tight. THANKS!!!!!

welcome...

Stock QC.....1/4 = mid to high 13's if you have good air and a good track....

1) DC performance flash.....310-841-6996....huge difference

2) Catless mids

3) Magnaflow

4) Heads / Cam = $6000-$12000 depending

Nowwhat said:
welcome...

Stock QC.....1/4 = mid to high 13's if you have good air and a good track....

1) DC performance flash.....310-841-6996....huge difference

2) Catless mids

3) Magnaflow

4) Heads / Cam = $6000-$12000 depending

any questions?:D

Remember there are no stupid questions, and the more questions there are, the more post's you can reply to. Keep them numbers up, right ;)

Rockin Ronnie said:
Yeah!!!!! How many F(&*(*&N times do we have to repeat this????:confused: :dontknow:

LOOK AT THE GUYS MEMBER NUMBER.CUT HIM SOME SLACK!!:rock:

Welcome, just go to the track and work on your reaction times. Also take an airtank so you can play with your air pressures.

The fronts will roll better with more air pressure, the rears will bite with some where between 22 to 26 pounds depending on conditions.

You can also do little tricks like iceing down the intake manifold between passes, this will make more power, removing your airfilter element while at the track will also help.

If you don't have a tonneau cover, some guys tried taking their tailgates off for less wind resistances.

Also, don't do too long of a burn out with stock street tires, they work there best when warmed up good, but not real hot or they get greasy.

Main thing just go and have fun, then report back to us about how it went.

Bill.

Rockin Ronnie said:
Yeah!!!!! How many F(&*(*&N times do we have to repeat this????:confused: :dontknow:

Probably about as many times as we've suggested that people click that handy "Search" button on the forum's toolbar.:D

I believe I'd define a "stupid question" as one that you ask BEFORE you've even bothered to do a search.

Oh, and welcome to the forum guy.:p

Rockin Ronnie said:

Now this is a class act.:( :eek:

Don't take Ronnie to serious. At 7:30 PM he was probably so drunk he couldn't think straight.;) :D

bigike said:
Remember there are no stupid questions, and the more questions there are, the more post's you can reply to. Keep them numbers up, right ;)
....nope just stupid people.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back