Evap leak large - Arghhh

46hemi

Reaction score
The truck was parked for a few weeks and when I drove it I got about 1/4 mile then the CE light came on. I scanned the code and I had a large and a small leak detected. I initially thought it was the cap do I reseated it- even flipped the o ring on the cap just in case. I cleared the code and it came back instantly. Went under the truck and started feeling around the tubes off the canister and sure enough of of the large plastic tubes that run off the (what I believe to be) canister was chewed on the top by a mouse. I also cant seem to find a complete online diagram to all of the components of the evap system. I can try and snap a pic when I get home.

Of course my friggin emissions inspection is also due. I taped up the hose real good as I figured it was low pressure and it should be good enough to at least get the light off and pass my inspection then I go go about fixing it without rushing. Wrong

It read a large leak again. I would think if the tape was not holding I would get a small leak code only. I do not see any other obvious areas of damage. The truck only has 8k on it so its not all gunked up under there. I hate to pay a shop for a smoke if its something dumb but I only have another 30 days before I start racking up late fees.

Anyone have any other creative ideas to finding this without a smoke machine?

Its an 06 RC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back