Evap

Chrisb0515

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 srt10 anybody know where the evap test port is located

What problems are you having? After about 1.5 years ive finally resolve my evap issue which was a p1486 code.

What problems are you having? After about 1.5 years ive finally resolve my evap issue which was a p1486 code.

Did you replace the leak detection pump?

Did you replace the leak detection pump?

Your gonna get a laugh out of this, when I was having this problem I first looked for broken hoses and didnt find anything. So I replaced my gas cap like 3 times lol. I have 3 mopar gas caps now.

I then thought I had changed out the LDP but it was the purge vapor thing that the LDP connects too. I thought for who knows why that it was the LDP I changed and of course that never cleared the light. So I then replaced the charcoal canister lol and I replaced that pump in the engine bay that the 2 lines connect to and run out to the back under the truck.

Basically at this point I had replaced every single evap component except the actually LDP. So I was under the truck the last week looking at my exhaust as I had been hearing a leak and I look up at evap system in disguest because I still have the CEL p1486 on and I hate CEL they scream you dont take care of your vehicle, so I see this part with a sensor plug on it and im thinking wth is this thing. I go searching for LDP photos and boom. Im like omfg, ive changed everything but the actual damn LDP.

Now prior to this I had searched like a mad man for p1486 code and didnt find much as it appears to be a rare problem. Few topics that were created said to replace the gas cap but that didnt work for me.

I hit up ebay and bought a used one for like $20, at this point I wasnt sure if it was going to fix it or not and didnt want to pay 100 for a new one as I had just passed emissions (bday tomorrow) and didnt care about the CEL being on at this point as I knew it was for p1486.

So I get the used LDP take out the old one look inside and can see it hasnt been working in year or so as it is dusty and crap is in there. I stick the one I bought in and clear the code. Drive it around and do a scan and I have all 7 ready lights showing instantly instead of the 6 ready 1 pending.

So at that point I just start laughing as for a 1.5 years ive been failing so hard to get that p1486 light out and its because I never actually changed out the LDP but thought I did. :chain: I even had Torrie turn it off in a tune which wont fix it as the pcm is going to look for it period.

On the positive, ive overhauled the whole evap system so I dont expect any problems from anything down there.

I'm laughing with you, I promise!! :D

The same ldp problem can cause a few different codes as I've seen over the years. Depends on size of leak, motor inop, etc

The same ldp problem can cause a few different codes as I've seen over the years. Depends on size of leak, motor inop, etc

Since I replaced everything but the LDP, I cant say for certain if it was anything else broken or if the LDP was the last part. Everytime I replaced something prior to the actual LDP being replaced it would just read p1486.

I currently have the LDP code as well! but im too lazy to replace it :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back