Excited to be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTAHOLIC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody! First off my name is Chris Logan and I'm a SGT in the US Army currently stationed in Germany and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I've been a creeper on this forum for awhile but never really posted on here so I figured now's the time. I have an 05 RAM SRT-10 that I've owned since my last deployment in 06...Got a great deal went from the Solar Yellow SRT-4 to my beuatiful baby I have now...I currently have the beast in Germany and let me tell you it's a blast on the AutoBahn the Audi's never expect to see a truck fly by them and that loudly lol. One thing is, do not trust the ARMY to ship your SRT-10... I never had a scratch on her till it was delivered to me in Germany...She had Creases down both flank on the bed side, dent on the hood and in the rear tail gate..SO FURIOUS and to top it off they only payed 750 dollars for the fix...They told me any more money it would have to go to court...which at the time there isn't one in Bavaria. Where I live there is no Magistrate for such things....So I plan on R&R from this deployment going back and getting my baby all fixed up and gorgeous for when I return and terrorize the Autobahn once again...Anyways, there is a short brief on me! Thanks for listening and hope to chat with you guys soon.

Last edited:
Thanks..Gonna need it! I worked at a body shop before I joined the ARMY and well I have the problem of being VERY Picky when it comes to the Paint portion of the Fix! I hope there are some good shops in Germany cause I can't ust let her sit in the state she is in right now...The creases are BARELY noticable but I see them and they annoy me so I gotta fix them..

Welcome to the madhouse bud and thanks for your service.:rock:
You own a QC or RC? Color? Mods? Tell us about her as we are all power freaks!!
I an a professional paint/body guy as well and paint is very inportant but I'll tell you what, if the prep
And if the bodywork ain't worth a crap, it's over from there out! PS2 silver is one of the hardest colors to match and the blend must be good! Sometimes multiple adjacent panels or the whole truck painted depending on how many panels affected to ensure a color match.

Last edited:
I feel ya brother as a painter SILVER is a pain...the way the metalic lays is so important and if its wrong ir it is to think in one area...you just lost money...and trust me my worst customer was the body man lol Your work hinges on theirs and if their work doesn't cure or dry in time for you to work on....Half the time i would say F%$# it and fix it myself cause i knew it would get done right lol....
But she is RED and a RC. I havent done much since its hard to get things in Germany and deployments take me away..But i have done the Magnaflow Cat back. Also a Volant CAI. My Pops worked for Chrysler as a mechanic for many yrs and had some friends at SRT who told him some tips and tricks for tuning...So with some "computer tuning" bigger injectors it has been a hoot...Now as far as Dyno is concerned it went on once after the "creative tuning" and the fact my father now works at usdieselparts.com as the head deisel performance mechanic and free access to the shop dynos he wa able to tweek out over 500 ponies.. like I stated I am not a dyno guy and not sure if it's right but i can say it feels a hell of a lot faster over stok lol I love this thing..

I'm in J-Bad FOB Hughie been here 6mnths and ready to leave lol hate this place!! But the money helps for projects lol...Where u at?

Haha I have friends at J-bad and I send stuff there all the time! Iv'e flown through there a few times but know I wont anymore! I'm up here in BAF...only have a few weeks left! I bought my truck in March while I was out here! Had a buddy look at it and pick it up for me.....It was pretty much bone stock when I bought her in march..... I went on leave and august and had everything you see in my sig plus some waiting on me and starting the installs while on R&R..... I'll be going back for good now and the fun will really begin! Stick around....you'll learn a ton and will find out where the the best bang for your buck is as far as mods!

Sweet man congrats on the purchase and congrats on the gorgeous truck! UGH i can't wait for R&R i'm really tempted to order a crap load of stuff for her and have it waiting so when i get to Germany it will be my stay busy and not just sleep project lol The OPTEMPO here is crazy without a REAL focus on what our mission is..So as a squad leader i keep my guys safe and do the best we can with our mission set lol although J-BAD has been pretty quiet for awhile but we all know that doesn't mean anything lol. If you don't mind me asking how much did all you mods cost in total..Interested as i am looking at doing many of these things myself..

SRTAHOLIC said:
Sweet man congrats on the purchase and congrats on the gorgeous truck! UGH i can't wait for R&R i'm really tempted to order a crap load of stuff for her and have it waiting so when i get to Germany it will be my stay busy and not just sleep project lol The OPTEMPO here is crazy without a REAL focus on what our mission is..So as a squad leader i keep my guys safe and do the best we can with our mission set lol although J-BAD has been pretty quiet for awhile but we all know that doesn't mean anything lol. If you don't mind me asking how much did all you mods cost in total..Interested as i am looking at doing many of these things myself..

This is pretty much what I have so far...not including my recent 2k plus order from Tony ;)

6K HID’s plus spare bulbs (fog) $130
Hard Radiator Pipes $100
SCREAM DEAMON COILS $165
RED PLUG WIRES $165
BBK THROTTLE BODY $400
170 Thermostat $45
Roe oil cap breather $35 (used)
390/40/17's M&H Drag Radials on Eagle Alloy's $400 (used)
Spare OEM SRT 10 heads $550 (used)
Spare OEM Air Box $30 (used)
Billet Under-Drive Crank Pulley $350
JMD Hurst Line Loc $175 (used)
Mopar Long tube headers with catless mids $1050
(got a awesome deal!)
Header Coating $270
Venom series lifetime power steering line kit $180
Spider Gear kit with clutches/ cyro $175
1400 degree Ignition wire sleeve protector red $65
K&N cone filter E-0776 $70
SCT tuner $400
Dyno tune by Torrie $300
Spare Intake Manifold $ 370 (used)
Total $ 5425.00

Thanks brother Gorgeous truck! I wish 05s were numbered to lol been trying to figure that piece out for a min lol I would love to know the build number of my truck!

have you registered on the viper truck registry? Check out Black Venom 04's sig a couple post above....You can get a registry # assigned to you....It the biggest most complete registry done for the viper trucks.... Viper Jeff just needs a pic of your truck and vin decal in the door..... Someone else will chime in soon to further explain....

Dang not bad and looking def good as far as total...I def want to do the Headers but not sure which is the best and which would be the best deal..

yea I keep a list of everything i buy, who i bought it from and how much I paid... Once I update it that total will go up alot!!

Thanks guys I really appretiate it! I will be asking many questions so be prepared lol! This deployment will be the start for my beast so it will be the beginning of many questions!
OBTW i am looking for the mopar Hard bed cover with spoiler. Part number or for sale. It's going to be my masterpiece when im done with deployment...I have a custom paint scheme in mind i would like to paint on it!

jsut make sure that you use the search button for some questions....most things that you want to know have been discussed many of times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back