Exhasut upgrade, step by step

Ironhead said:
you will enjoy removing the stock exhaust manifold flange bolts :D

pretty scared to strip the bolt heads...

she has only 6k miles though no need to change plugs I think...

TNVIPER said:
So, you didnt notice how old it was..??..:D
yes but i did not feel the need to point it out ,,,he is installing headers THIS weekend and was asking good questions,just cause origanal post is old install write ups are nice ,,just trying to help a bro out ,,, dont forget to point out my miss spells either ,,,nanananana :D

attila said:
pretty scared to strip the bolt heads...

she has only 6k miles though no need to change plugs I think...

head bolts are no problem ,,but them flange bolts can be a pain ,,mine were froze up and spun and broke the tab thingie and could not get a wrench or socket on them ,,,had to cut three of them ;)

read #7 on the install page ,,,says it all

BlackMamba50 said:
Nice write up! I am going for a similar set up. Where did you get a Magnaflow Catback for $500? Cheapest I've found it was $569 shipped!

Looking at my stock QC exhaust it is super restrictive and heavy. I imagine you picked up more than 30hp doing full exhaust. Im guessing that with a SCT tune/intake/T-stat/Full exhasut that you would pick up a 100 ponies! I think Belanger claims 50hp with their Lontubes...."CLAIMS" .

Nice setup and great write up! I bet she is more fun to drive :driver:
I have this set up with Hi flow cats on an 06 RC Have 93 octane tune from DC performance
You will get a lot of drone between 3-4k rpm
I switched the catback to Mopar/Borla and reduced it by 75-80%
you could try a cross over pipe in the Magnaflow catback that might help.

guyrobert said:
I have this set up with Hi flow cats on an 06 RC Have 93 octane tune from DC performance
You will get a lot of drone between 3-4k rpm
I switched the catback to Mopar/Borla and reduced it by 75-80%
you could try a cross over pipe in the Magnaflow catback that might help.

i have long tubes with no cats and had turbo flow mufflers on mine its way quiter now and rasper now when winding down in a gears and no drone ,,;)

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
yes but i did not feel the need to point it out ,,,he is installing headers THIS weekend and was asking good questions,just cause origanal post is old install write ups are nice ,,just trying to help a bro out ,,, dont forget to point out my miss spells either ,,,nanananana :D

I was pointing it out because I thought he might have been waiting for responses from the thread's author...he hasnt been on for a couple weeks.....didnt mean it was not a good source of info ya rust head..:eviltongue: :) :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back