Exhaust Answers

newmexicoviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys i know there has been many exhaust threads, but here is my two cents. As most of you know i bought the mopar kit from Dragon a few months ago it comes with headers, cat-delete mid pipes and all the hardwear for the install. It was an easy install very straight forward, i loved my new found power and sound. But it had a hell of a resonance between 70-90mph, the first thing i did was build an x-pipe. Which did help some with the resonance but mostley changed the sewing machine sound to a deeper better sounding exhaust note. But there was still that resonance, so after some trial and error (i removed the tips built some clamp on tips with the new mufflers and drove around awhile before cutting into my magnaflow tips) after that i cut into the magnaflow tips installed two 12inch long twister auger type muflers back by the tips (see pics) Now during testing i drove around town and hwy it seemed the same around town but the resonance is gone at hwy speeds. But ill get a good test tomorrow im heading to Havasu which will be a little over 1000 miles round trip. So ill check back in and give you guys a update on sounds at different speeds and such once i get back.
S5300003-1.jpg

S5300003-2.jpg

S5300002-1.jpg

S5300001-1.jpg

S5300004.jpg

Last edited:
newmexicoviper said:
Ok guys i know there has been many exhaust threads, but here is my two cents. As most of you know i bought the mopar kit from Dragon a few months ago it comes with headers, cat-delete mid pipes and all the hardwear for the install. It was an easy install very straight forward, i loved my new found power and sound. But it had a hell of a resonance between 70-90mph, the first thing i did was build an x-pipe. Which did help some with the resonance but mostley changed the sewing machine sound to a deeper better sounding exhaust note. But there was still that resonance, so after some trial and error (i removed the tips built some clamp on tips with the new mufflers and drove around awhile before cutting into my magnaflow tips) after that i cut into the magnaflow tips installed two 12inch long twister auger type muflers back by the tips (see pics) Now during testing i drove around town and hwy it seemed the same around town but the resonance is gone at hwy speeds. But ill get a good test tomorrow im heading to Havasu which will be a little over 1000 miles round trip. So ill check back in and give you guys a update on sounds at different speeds and such once i get back.
http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x177/newmexicoviper/?action=view&current=S5300003-1.jpg

I dont see these V10's making that Much resonance:dontknow: and although its not even that Loud. Its a Good loud that puts a smile on my face. BTw next week i will put a Video up of My Gibson headers+Maggy Combo!

Annu Kumar said:
I dont see these V10's making that Much resonance:dontknow: and although its not even that Loud. Its a Good loud that puts a smile on my face. BTw next week i will put a Video up of My Gibson headers+Maggy Combo!
Hahahah ok.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Getting rid of the cats definatly ups the volume.........some of it good, some of it irratating. There is a tradeoff for that cheap power increase.

patrick
Thats a fact and try driving the thing 1000 + miles it sucks & blows and not in a good way.

newmexicoviper said:
Thats a fact and try driving the thing 1000 + miles it sucks & blows and not in a good way.

I understand dude. Living on an Island, long trips are 90 minutes. The only gear I dont hear my exhaust loud is when its in 6th. In a QC.......I can only imagine how much louder it is.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back