Exhaust plan

Furyous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading and asking questions of folks and here is what I came up with:

I went to the local muffler place (good guys that do a lot of classic muscle car work) and got a quote to have:
- two of the cats deleted
- 3" pipe run from the first cats
- a cross pipe installed right after the cats to help with resonance
- 2 flowmaster 50's
- delete the resonator

I believe I will have a good power gain without having to go to O2 simulators and get a much better sound without having too much resonance in the cab at higher speeds.

Before I blow $600 on this I am asking for feedback from you gearheads that have been working on these a lot longer then I have.

Why would you leave two cats? What state are you in? If your state requires emission checks, removing any part of the system puts you in violation. If you don't have emission check issues, delete all four. If your green heart is hurting, put in two flow through cats.

Most go with the magna flow mufflers...

If you hate the resonance use resonators in front of the magna flow just behind the flow through cats if you decide to add them...

Welcome to the forum...you asked, I opined...but opinions are like ass holes...everyone has one.

Good luck, I'm sure you will get other opinions...but I would bet that you get very few supporting just deleting the rear cats.

go with high flow cats, the stock cats are very restrictive and you won't have 02 issues.

first of all, most states allow removal of the back two to remain legal........ it will sound better, but hp still restricted by those front two cats...... you could try two hi-flows inplace of the 2 front ones, but best bet would be catless mids & a magnaflow catback (~$800.00)...... you could swap in your old mids for deq inspections........ not a simple job, but doable.

myself, i'm going with a complete b&b system soon - i hope...... expensive, but worth it imho.

:D

moparracing said:
what does the Imco High Flow exhaust consist of ?
It's 2 and 1/2 inch pipes on both sides with seperate high flow racing muffs! I had flowmaster and there was alot of back pressure you know the pop,pop,pop that you here when you back off, but when I went with Imco's racing system that stopped and I noticed a HUGE difference in off the line power!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
It's 2 and 1/2 inch pipes on both sides with seperate high flow racing muffs! I had flowmaster and there was alot of back pressure you know the pop,pop,pop that you here when you back off, but when I went with Imco's racing system that stopped and I noticed a HUGE difference in off the line power!!:D
where'd you get it ? is it a catback system or did you delete cats also ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back