exhaust question?

rocketracingsrt10

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question about exhaust and what you all thought would be my best bet. Im a young family guy so dont have a ton to spend, thats why im asking about just doing a muffler only at this point till i can afford a full system. My problem is i want an exhaust that sounds good at idle and when you get in it. But when im cruising down the road at 65 isnt just the most annoying thing in the world. Anyone got an idea for me on muffler for now? Thanks in advance guys.

a lot have used magnaflow, i put a flowmaster on mine when i forst got it. it was on a QC and sounded pretty good.

Pick up the used Magnaflow...but remember that V10's will never sound like a V8...

thanks guys, talked to my guy and he has the same muffler magnaflow suggests for our truck that comes in the kit on the shelf, said $65 installed. Cant beat that so im gonna go try it and see what i like for now.

Thanks again guys for the help.

rocketracingsrt10 said:
thanks guys, talked to my guy and he has the same muffler magnaflow suggests for our truck that comes in the kit on the shelf, said $65 installed. Cant beat that so im gonna go try it and see what i like for now.

Thanks again guys for the help.
have 'em remove the reat two cats for better sound.... should still be smog legal as long as the front two cats are left on...... :D

actually since your low on cash, have him remove all 4 cats. Cheapest hp you'll ever get in these trucks. Easy 15-20 rwhp.

I'm also thinking about puttin on mine dont knowe exactly yet

Just a couple of things, since no one mentioned it, don't take off the resonator without replacing it with a glass pack or a better sounding resonator or you will have VERY annoying in cab resonation/drone...pretty extreme and it don't sound that much better outside anyway.

Also, in Montana the shop that removes Cats and doesn't put on some kind of aftermarket cat can be fined 10K dollars... the fine for the driver is pretty hefty too, so if they do that for ya make sure there is no evidence of who did the work. That said, I don't know of anyone here who has even been checked.

I did a rear cat delete, crossover short flowmaster and tried it with and without the resonator for under 100 bucks, like 85 or so. I was at the custom shop getting window sh*t done afterwards and the guys there commented on it sounding good without me saying anything. I'm sure it can sound much better with a catback custom system and headers, etc, but not for under a hundred bucks.:)

jontyre said:
actually since your low on cash, have him remove all 4 cats. Cheapest hp you'll ever get in these trucks. Easy 15-20 rwhp.

I agree.The cheapest mod you can do and picks up the HP AND sounds great !

After-market mufflers with the cats left in are a waste of time and money.
Stock muffler is big and heavy but it is straight-through and sounds fine if ALL 4 cats are removed and a "H" style cross-over pipe is installed in front of the stock muffler.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back