Exhaust Question

Jhazephae

Reaction score
I want the truck to have a more aggressive sound. I checked Flowmaster site but only show a muffler for Viper, and labeled it with moderate sound. Hey my brothers help your sister out!!! Please, :)

I had the Magnaflow and it was pretty loud, which wasnt the problem. It made such a drone inside the cabin. It was just too annoying. I now have the Mopar exhaust and its much better.

By the way "J", how's ur man doing?

I had the Magnaflow and it was pretty loud, which wasnt the problem. It made such a drone inside the cabin. It was just too annoying. I now have the Mopar exhaust and its much better.

By the way "J", how's ur man doing?

Thanks for asking. He us doing better, coming to grips with it all but he's hanging in there. What do u mean "such a drone inside the cabin"?

I had 2 flow masters welded on side by side , no cats it was loud but the drone was way to much. So i got B&B that I need to put on.

I put hushpowers on mine, not real loud but sounds good. About to pull the cats off to try and take care of the loud part!! No drone so far.

Since I read what drone is, will that make it annoying??

If ur driving around 80mph and trying to hold a conversation with someone? Yes, it's annoying. Other than that, I LOVED the magnaflow sound. Loud and aggressive. I would set off a shitload of car alarms in my neighborhood. It was great!!!! :D

pull the cats off, run a single chamber style muffler's.

You cant be very loud without some cabin drone.

y dont you do borla with a cut outs ... so when u want ir really really really loud just open a cut outs .....:D

I have x-metal catless mids and magnaflow catback... It is loud, it does drone, it annoys the tenants in my building, it turns heads, sounds orgasmic, and puts a big smile on my face! :rock::rock::rock:

I have also been trying to figure out how to get more sound out of my 06 RC. Has Headers and Magnaflow now, also still has the cats and the resonator. I'm stuck having to keep the cats, was thinking about the MBRP single, but was also curious about swapping in a Cherry Bomb extreme. Looks like a $60 experiment to just remove the existing maggie and swap the extreme. The CB extreme looks to me like just another resonator, no packing in there at all

I have also been trying to figure out how to get more sound out of my 06 RC. Has Headers and Magnaflow now, also still has the cats and the resonator. I'm stuck having to keep the cats, was thinking about the MBRP single, but was also curious about swapping in a Cherry Bomb extreme. Looks like a $60 experiment to just remove the existing maggie and swap the extreme. The CB extreme looks to me like just another resonator, no packing in there at all

If you want to get rid of the cats but still keep the visual inspection capability. Heres a cheap fix.
Catalytic Converter

I like the sound of my Magnaflow and the drone doesn't bother me. I just turn up the music!

Spoke with this guy at an Exhaust shop, he said just doing the Flowmaster will be just fine. I asked about the drone in cabin, he said he didn't see anyone to unhappy with cabin noise. I want a simple fix, but some of the suggestions seem like it may be difficult. I do have my mom riding at times so maybe i should be considerate and not try to go too aggressive, go for a bigger growl but not enough to make the neighbors hate me and aggreviate my mom. Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back