extended warranties

Mike Ramirez

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking to buy a extended warranty for my 05 RC. Can you anyone help me decide? Don't know where to start. And does anyone have one currently? And by who? Have you had to us it yet? (Any Luck) I have heard of some bad rumors about extended warranties. not covering..

Thanks
Mike

Mike Ramirez said:
Hey guys I am looking to buy a extended warranty for my 05 RC. Can you anyone help me decide? Don't know where to start. And does anyone have one currently? And by who? Have you had to us it yet? (Any Luck) I have heard of some bad rumors about extended warranties. not covering..

Thanks
Mike
extended warraties are generally a sham...... it's the dealer's way to make a few extra bucks & the likelihood that it will cover a viper motor (ie. racing as their defense) is highly unlikely........:D

Just be sure to get a Dodge/Chrysler extended warranty, as for getting the work done it all depends on the dealer you are taking it too!! Some will be very helpfull and some will just flat out suck!

If you plan on modding heavily I wouldn't bother!!

I have and extended warranty on my QC.The cost from the dealer was around 1500. Its called a "money back gaurantee" which basically means
after 7 years or 70k miles you get your money back if you made no claims on
the extended part of this warranty. I do realize you are losing interest on this money but hey all other warranties that I had purchased never offered to return the money.

Steve

I have the 7/70k warranty and it is the one of the only things keeping me in check on heavily modding my truck (the other thing would be $$).

I am lucky to have this truck on my salary, and huge repair bill could take it away :(

Edit --> I made the Dodge dealership throw in the warranty when I bought the truck

I just bought mine (I was at 34K miles) from DC it is the 7 year/80K includes everything and the money back deal. It was right at $2K and they have a 12 month no interest payment plan.

If your truck is still under the factory 3/36 warranty, no inspections etc. need to be done, just fill everything out on line, make the first payment and you are covered.. Just be careful, because I just took mine in for an oil change and they offered me a "rental car" for free, when I asked if that was out of the kindness of thier heart or was it due to the new warranty, he said warranty which would mean I used it so no money back at the end..

I THINK I got the 7 year deal when I got mine. I paid $1500 up front for it so it wouldn't be in the financing. I need to check and see if it was the 3 year or 7 year deal that I got.:dontknow:

Thanks for the info. I am going in the morning to ask about some of the info you guys have posted.

srtaggie: What do you mean already paid for itself what kind of work have you had done?

Also I am setting on 33,030 right now. I bought the truck at my local dodge lot so I don't think they would not cover the warranty if I bought it from them. But you never know????

Venom Power said:
I THINK I got the 7 year deal when I got mine. I paid $1500 up front for it so it wouldn't be in the financing. I need to check and see if it was the 3 year or 7 year deal that I got.:dontknow:
I bought the 7 year warranty upgrade also, I think mine was $2,000 but there was no interest on it. I finally got the warranty paid for, now I gotta finish paying for the truck :D :D :D

Mike Ramirez said:
Thanks for the info. I am going in the morning to ask about some of the info you guys have posted.

srtaggie: What do you mean already paid for itself what kind of work have you had done?

Also I am setting on 33,030 right now. I bought the truck at my local dodge lot so I don't think they would not cover the warranty if I bought it from them. But you never know????

As long as your within 4 years of the build date and under 48k miles you are eligible.

I bought the powertrain plus warranty. It covers the drivetrain, ac, and steering. I took my truck in to have the cam bolt tsb taken care of. While it was there they discovered that my pump was leaking at one of the seals and that the oil pan was completely stripped out.

they would not retap the pan. So they put a new one on (the pan was $1100 by itself) and a new pwr steering pump.

I paid $1250 for my warranty. Had I not had it I would have been in the $2-3 thousand range to fix everything properly.

If your like me and don't have 10-15 grand lying around just in case your motor lets go, it worth the piece of mind.

Chrysler service contracts also has 12 months same as cash. So for an extra $90 a month i've got a solid warranty that will cover everything that I'm not comfortable fixing myself.

:)

I dunno, since I am planning on heavily modding (supercharger) there's no need to try and extend my warranty IF I don't already have the 70k deal.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back