Extended warranty question

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my truck to dealer for oil cooler line change and they say it will have a $100.00 deductible even under warranty.
I thought with all the trouble they have with these it would be free.]
Is this right.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Depends on what plan you purchased on extended warranty. I got the 0 deductible from Chrysler Warranty that extended mine to 7 years.

Extended warranties are not the same as the factory warranty....just depends on the contract..........the oil lines are only covered 100% under the original warranty unless the extended warranty specifies so.........If you plan on keeping the truck a couple more years I would just buy Stinker's lines....or you will be relacing the lines again..

They replaced mine on the extended warrenty, then charged me 100 for replacing the passenger window motor and switch.

Just get lines from Stinker at JTSVP and you'll never worry about those horrible factory oil lines.

I need to purchase an extended warranty for my 05 QC that has 67K miles on it. Does anybody know of a good company to go with?

I have the 100$ deductible 8 year 80,000 mile (8 years will come first in 2012)... through Chrysler Warrantys, and the Lifetime Powertrain on my Challeneger.

fursale said:
Took my truck to dealer for oil cooler line change and they say it will have a $100.00 deductible even under warranty.
I thought with all the trouble they have with these it would be free.]
Is this right.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Who do you have a warranty with. Im looking to purchase one. Please help!

jrangel said:
Depends on what plan you purchased on extended warranty. I got the 0 deductible from Chrysler Warranty that extended mine to 7 years.

How long ago was that. Im looking to purchase on for my 05 QC and i have no clue who to go with. Please help!

jrangel said:
chryslerwarrantys.com

They told me they cant do it over the phone because my truck has 66K miles on it. I have to find a dealer that sells crysler service contracts. All dealer ship dont offer crysler they offer some 3rd party warranty.

ccfeyh said:
They replaced mine on the extended warrenty, then charged me 100 for replacing the passenger window motor and switch.

Usually a deductible is charged "per repair visit" so the $100 you were charged was probably for all the repairs done, if that is what your deductible is. Not bad considering most dealership labor rates are somewhere around $100 / hr.

ram_vs_cougar said:
Also is this Crysler's extended warranty or is this a 3rd party company? Thanks!!

Im following your threads about this. I dont wanna double post the same questions. I too am in need of an extended warranty. Im only looking for a "power train" warranty as I can fix everything else myself. But Im not touching the motor or trans.

Extended warranties are like "Damn if you do and GD it if you didnt"

Screwed either way but Id rather have the added insurance of not buying a new trans or motor.

My extended warranty was through MaxCare who uses National Warranty Co. or something like that. They have paid for me to have my trans redone twice. They are working on it right now as we speak. The first shop that did my trans didnt put things back together right so needless to say, my trans went back outas soon as the shops 1200mi or 12month warranty went out-how convenient. lol. But, my warranty company is paying for it a second time as well, plus a rental car for each time. My deductible is only 75 bucks too. I think I paid outright $1800 for the warranty when I got the truck, and they have shelled out over 4000 for me within the last year. A warranty is a great thing to buy. Cant say that enough.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back