Extended Warranty

dodgeboy16

Reaction score
Do any you people have an Extended Warranty on your SRT-10s? Have you used them and are they worth the cost?

Jack

Yes it is I have chrysler Max Care and they cover almost everything my truck is 4 mos old and I've racked up over 3000.00 due to a lazy/cheap previous owner

I have Chrysler's max care, 7/70. It cost me around $3K when I purchased the truck, new, back in Feb. 2008. I figure the ROI has paid for itself when I had my blender door and power steering pump replaced under the extended warranty.

I forgot exactly what mine is called, but it's the one below the top tier coverage. So far, I've had the Power Steering pump and water pump replaced which cost me $200 deductible plus $100 in diagnosis fees. All the related hoses were shot as well but they weren't covered under warranty, and the dealer wanted over $2k to replace the hoses. So I had them do the pumps, which would have cost me right around $250 to buy myself and I bought Tony's lines and installed them myself.

In a sick way I hope something else expensive fails to make the almost $3k warranty worth it's price. I've only had the truck for about 6 months. I would say it depends on your level of vehicle knowledge. I'm not very knowledgeable, but what I do know is these engines are expensive to work on, and while minor issues (pumps for example) aren't that big of a deal, it won't take much to get in over my head.

I bought my MG 06 QC 21 months ago at 36K with a 7/70 Blitz Max care factory warranty with 0 deductible ..It was only transferable to the second owner,me..I figured I paid $20,000.00 for the truck and $3,000.00 for the remainder of the warranty.MSRP in 2008 at the dealership was $7,800.00 for my factory warranty..It has bought front brake calipers[but not pads,rotors] and oil temp gauge,and some kinda front suspension piece and the tow after the calipers went and locked up.The techs were surprised by the zero and the name 'Blitz'.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back