Extra Privileges for Members???

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Pat...

Here is an idea for ya.. I have been looking around my other forum and noticed that they have many options for supporting members , Maybe you should do something like this as well..
Start out with a range of packages offering members more and more privileges.. Like listed below.. Might help ya make some more money for the site..

Lamborghini-Talk.com Silver Supporter

silver.gif
The Supporting Member program includes the following:
  • Less Advertising
  • 300 stored PMs (increased from 100)
  • Edit own Calendar Events
  • Delete own Calendar Events
  • Custom User Title
  • Animated Avatars
  • Animated Signatures
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Supporting Member tag
  • 1 Year Subscription
Cost:
-------- US$50.00 Lamborghini-Talk.com Gold Supporter Lamborghini-Talk.com Gold Supporter
gold.gif
  • Less Advertising
  • 500 stored PMs (increased from 100)
  • Custom User Title
  • Animated Avatars
  • Animated Signatures
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Supporting Member tag
  • 1 Year Subscription
Cost:
-------- US$100.00 Lamborghini-Talk.com Platinum Supporter Lamborghini-Talk.com Platinum Supporter
platinum.gif
  • Less Advertising
  • 1000 stored PMs (increased from 100)
  • Set Self Invisible
  • Custom User Title
  • Animated Avatars
  • Animated Signatures
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Supporting Member tag
  • 2 Year Subscription
Cost:
-------- US$250.00 Lamborghini-Talk.com Diamond Supporter Lamborghini-Talk.com Diamond Supporter
diamond.gif
  • Less Advertising
  • 3000 stored PMs (increased from 100)
  • Set Self Invisible
  • Custom User Title
  • Animated Avatars
  • Animated Signatures
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Supporting Member tag
  • 10 Year Subscription
Cost:
-------- US$500.00 Lamborghini-Talk.com Onyx Supporter Lamborghini-Talk.com Onyx Supporter
onyx.gif
  • Less Advertising
  • 9999 stored PMs (increased from 100)
  • Set Self Invisible
  • Custom User Title
  • Animated Avatars
  • Animated Signatures
  • Increased Avatar Size
  • Supporting Member tag
  • LifeTime Subscription
Cost:

I guess when you own a Lamborghini you can afford to support your page with the 500.00 dollar membership. Only thing different I really see is inbox messages and year Subscriptions. between 50-500

Price range is a bit much :(

Hatedonmostly said:
I guess when you own a Lamborghini you can afford to support your page with the 500.00 dollar membership. Only thing different I really see is inbox messages and year Subscriptions. between 50-500

You mean not everyone on here has a Lambo? :D :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

I have 3, there in the shoe box in the closet

dont we have something like that? i think you can get a lifetime membership here and a swanky star:congrats:

Smokey said:
dont we have something like that? i think you can get a lifetime membership here and a swanky star:congrats:

Well, it's not a lifetime, it's yearly......:D

ViperJeff said:
Well, it's not a lifetime, it's yearly......:D
well true, but a 20 year is a lifetime membership imo lol

1,2,3,4,20yr options in the payment tab

Cool....

A lot has changed since my last dues........

So in that case, the new Member Badges are a good idea.....

Wonder how much programming that will take and please, lets get rid of the Bull....... This is the RAM zone

Thanks for the heads ups

This is just the idea I do not recomend the pricing stays the same obviously would be lower for us plain folk.. lol.. but something like.

$25, $50, $75, $100 or whatever pat wants... 25/50/100/150/300.. etc..

We never designed the Supporting Membership as a way to make an income (we wont be retiring with the 20 bucks :D ), it is a way to pay for forum bandwidth, software, and other costs associated with running the VTCOA.

I noticed that included with each breakdown, every one one of them starts with "Less Advertising". Instantly that tells me they are not in it to just cover costs. Why make the non-paying members (can I use the word suffer?) through that garbage-ads?! I wouldnt want that, so why should anyone else be forced to pay or else deal with it.....not for me.

So then that brings us to the next question, why do people become supporting members. My opinion? Because they really do want to keep the forum running / alive. I don't think they do it for a star, or more PM space, etc...Sure, its a great benefit, but definitely not the core reason IMO.

So lastly, I think if people want to support the forum freely (not shoving ad's in there face until they become SM), then we are very grateful. After all, its about 5 gallons of gas for the year :) . And most get there money's worth (technical info, GTG's, Parts) and just the enjoyment of relaxing after a long day. Those who choose not to, no biggie....we are happy they are here too!!

So I guess I'm not sure what we should change ? :)

RedSrt007 said:
We never designed the Supporting Membership as a way to make an income (we wont be retiring with the 20 bucks :D ), it is a way to pay for forum bandwidth, software, and other costs associated with running the VTCOA.

I noticed that included with each breakdown, every one one of them starts with "Less Advertising". Instantly that tells me they are not in it to just cover costs. Why make the non-paying members (can I use the word suffer?) through that garbage-ads?! I wouldnt want that, so why should anyone else be forced to pay or else deal with it.....not for me.

So then that brings us to the next question, why do people become supporting members. My opinion? Because they really do want to keep the forum running / alive. I don't think they do it for a star, or more PM space, etc...Sure, its a great benefit, but definitely not the core reason IMO.

So lastly, I think if people want to support the forum freely (not shoving ad's in there face until they become SM), then we are very grateful. After all, its about 5 gallons of gas for the year :) . And most get there money's worth (technical info, GTG's, Parts) and just the enjoyment of relaxing after a long day. Those who choose not to, no biggie....we are happy they are here too!!

My Underwear....if you can catch me!MuWhaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!!!:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Houston....Part Deux....:argh: ;) :D

im satisfied with it like it is patrick. just want to make sure we can come here and talk with friends and draw from the enormous knowledge base about these trucks.

Oh I'm not saying that anyone or myself are not satisfied I just thought that Pat could pay some more of his server fees if he had different packages to offer I'm sure 20 don't go to far.. And since Ive seen people complaining about pm boxes and not enough pms and not enough picture storage and all sorts of things .. I figured if he could offer other packages for those folks they could pay more money and enjoy those items they have been looking for...

RedSrt007 said:

Very very good.........I agree with you.

Well then there ya go ........ Couldn't have said it Better Red ....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back