factory amp

vipertank

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My amp has failed and I'm just really looking for something to replace it with and I have already changed out the sub to a shallow mount kicker because it was bad. Is there a plug in play replacement for our factory amps or something that will work with out pulling new wiring and head unit as I'm spending all my funds on performance and visional upgrades? I've had nice sound systems in the past, but really don't want to tie up 2 to 3 grand on a ride I put 2k miles a year on, Please let me know what some of you have done to your trucks and thanks for your time!

I have a stock amp for under the seat someone gave me a while ago. U can have it if u are interested.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

There is a small amp for the sub under the console. It gets real hot! the main amp is nearly impossible to remove.It is behind the glovebox. best off to install an aftermarket headunit .

I bought a plug and play wire harness from crutchfield.com. no cuting into the factory wires at all. i can look up the part number if you want it.

I bought a plug and play wire harness from crutchfield.com. no cuting into the factory wires at all.:rock::rock::rock: i can look up the part number if you want it.:rock::rock::rock:

i would:rock::rock::rock:

someone on here was goin to a Kicker amp thats through Dodge, if that helps???

I bought a plug and play wire harness from crutchfield.com. no cuting into the factory wires at all. i can look up the part number if you want it.

There is no Vehicle-specific Wiring Harness for an 04 Dodge Ram SRT 10. at crutchfield.

I upgraded my amp to the MOPAR Kicker amp so I have the OEM multi-channel amp from behind the glovebox. It's yours if you want it, maybe just cover shipping from Richmond, VA?

tank I probably have a couple or three, now not 100% if they are in working order, hell actually don't know where we aquire this here stuff/:confused:

but pay shipping an will send ya one, dotn work we can try another:p

oh, but if you want one, do yourself a favor , and call LOLOL right now its sorta .....................messy round here, I forget easily at the moment

oh, but if you want one, do yourself a favor , and call LOLOL right now its sorta .....................messy round here, I forget easily at the moment

Thanks tony, I'm looking at the kicker upgrade now not real sure what im going to do, never was really happy with the sound of the factory sub. I found the kicker part# 77kick13ab upgrade for our trucks, if anyone has this upgrade I need a little feed back please. And is it a plug and play upgrade?

I got the 77KICK18AB and it was a simple plug-and-play swap, but then again I have an '06 so I understand it's a different wiring system. I noticed a much cleaner sound, particularly because the door speakers are sent a full-range signal instead of just midbass. The surround sound processing does nothing for music, probably even degrades the sound a little. Might work well for movies but I don't have the Dodge DVD player, I only have navigation. If I had to do it all again I'd probably just go aftermarket.

I got the 77KICK18AB and it was a simple plug-and-play swap, but then again I have an '06 so I understand it's a different wiring system. I noticed a much cleaner sound, particularly because the door speakers are sent a full-range signal instead of just midbass. The surround sound processing does nothing for music, probably even degrades the sound a little. Might work well for movies but I don't have the Dodge DVD player, I only have navigation. If I had to do it all again I'd probably just go aftermarket.

Thanks for the input.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back