Factory navigation head unit question

Barraza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the factory unit and add some sort of auxiliary to connect the phone for audio? Like maybe a Bluetooth device to listen to the phone or any ideas while still keeping the factory unit? I really want to keep the original navigation unit because I would like to keep it factory look. I don't care much for sound because I prefer listening to the engine sound. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a company that makes our factory units with aux and Bluetooth capabilities, but I cant remember the name. They were kind of expensive though if I remember correctly.

There is a company that makes our factory units with aux and Bluetooth capabilities, but I cant remember the name. They were kind of expensive though if I remember correctly.

Figures! $$ I've been on the edge of getting a double din but the price on them are a bit much and I'd rather do 700$ towards go fast parts. I'm gonna try find what ur talking about thanks!

Better to ditch the factory unit and get something like a pioneer with meistro connections so you can retain the u connect features and the steering wheel controls. Plus you pickup a ton of other cool features. I can send you pictures of how it looks, I know others on here have gone that way.

Better to ditch the factory unit and get something like a pioneer with meistro connections so you can retain the u connect features and the steering wheel controls. Plus you pickup a ton of other cool features. I can send you pictures of how it looks, I know others on here have gone that way.

I've been thinking about ditching the stock head unit too since there is no aux connection. Can you post the picture here? I'm interested in the way this looks in our trucks.

i ordered one of those for a jeep one time and it actually worked great - and you can get them for less on ebay - it's cheap china shit, but if you get a good one, it'll work just fine...

i ordered one of those for a jeep one time and it actually worked great - and you can get them for less on ebay - it's cheap china shit, but if you get a good one, it'll work just fine...

can you still use the steering wheel controls? Just wanted to hear it from someone that actually had this unit.

can you still use the steering wheel controls? Just wanted to hear it from someone that actually had this unit.

it's been a while, but i think so.

honestly, for china shit, the nav was very intuitive, the display controls were easy to navigate and the bluetooth worked just fine (though it had an external mic)...
even came with a rear camera (that i never hooked up)...

for the couple hundred bucks, it was worth a chance to me.
it didn't work right in my truck, but put it in an 02 JGC and worked perfect - but it was china, so sending it back wasn't worth it to me...

i'd buy from a US seller and see what happened before i put in a double din - just my opinion...

I bought this one Android4 4 Double 2 DIN Car Stereo GPS DVD Player 6 2 Bluetooth Radio 3G WiFi | eBay

Mostly because i can run the Torque app which lets me see real time vehicle data such as Intake Temps, coolant Temp, 1/4 mile runs, Diagnostics, etc... The app will let you set up as many gauges as you want. It also has different type and themed gauges. such as "Bars", "Needle", and "Digital Number" gauges. I also have a car maintenance app where i log all of the maintenance ive done (oil changes, coolant addition, Tires, etc) The app will also keep track of how many mile you have left till your next oil change...
Its an Android Head unit so you have access to most of the apps you get on your phone. oh and i can also connect to the internet. the wife and i will watch youtube on small road trips.
oh it will also support a back up camera. Great unit for the price!! although it is Chinese. ive had it for over a year now with no problems.
Now about the u connect and the steering buttons.. yea i lost the buttons. ( there are adapters available though) and for the u connect? will the head unit supports Bluetooth and has a built in microphone (hands free) and i love it. If you still want an Aux cord will, it has that too along with an IPOD connection. Oh and it has Navigation as well!... I love the head unit.

Last edited:
Man, you got it for a great price. The one i was lookint at , 1.5 din that fits 04 and 06 is way more expensive. Still debating on if i want to get rid of my rb1 though..

Man, you got it for a great price. The one i was lookint at , 1.5 din that fits 04 and 06 is way more expensive. Still debating on if i want to get rid of my rb1 though..

You dont have to get "RID" of it. Just keep it. Just remember to buy a good headunit harness adapter for any after market headunits (like mine) that way you can simply unplug and it and re-install the RB1. :)

Well, i guess its really not a true plug n play because for a double din you would have to remove the OEM center console fascia and install one with a double din opening (about $30.) once you remove the OEM fascia, it can not be used again.

But obviously, i didnt care lol. The headunit was totally worth it.

My truck is 05.
But you guys should all be sales people couse I think I'm having a change of mind. Now I'm thinking of changing. Haven't paid much attention to audio since I was 21 or so but seems like it's come a long way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures are always good! Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back