Factory Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally turned on the stereo yesterday for the first time after driving around for the first 3 weeks listening to the engine. Anyway - the sub plays for a few seconds then just shuts off? It's not distorted or anything. Just boom out of nowhere shuts down? Any leads in the right direction are much appreciated.

The speaker is not blown when it plays it sounds fine. So it's gotta be the amp. I am assuming it's bi amped possibly? Would the amp be behind or part of the head unit? I'm not seeing any available parts for it either.

I would update the stereo and speakers - my sub stopped playing one day (amp under center console) then later ALL speakers took a dip (amp behind glove compartment)...

Not worth replacing with stock speakers/amps...might as well upgrade the whole shebang lol

- Brad

Got the two screws on either side out, and it's still hung up on the bracket attached to the back of the cab. Do I have to take both plastic sides completely off the sub to get it out from the bracket? Or is there some trick to get it out?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back