Factory Tonneau Manufacturer? New Seal?

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all-

I'm retrofitting a 2005 OEM tonneau to my 2004, and unfortunately my paint guy pulled the rubber seal (that runs under the entire perimeter) rather than masking it.

It's about impossible to put it back on now.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? It would be great to find a new seal, or get new plastic pins that hold it on.

If not, it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. ;)

Thanks.

I have a similar issue. Mine has some snapped tabs up in the front and they won't hold any more. I was thinking about using some of the high strength velcro and weatherstrip adhesive to ensure it sticks near where the pins are to hold it in place. Haven't tried it yet so I can not say how good it will work. A replacement seal is ridiculously expensive $482.00 list, $332.00 from parts.com. Here is the part number, 5029948AA, if you are willing to drop the coin for a new one.

just looking at parts.com there sale prices are double normal prices.

Compared to what? Meaning what is normal prices and where can you get stuff cheaper? I am all about the best price for a part so please share...

Compared to what? Meaning what is normal prices and where can you get stuff cheaper? I am all about the best price for a part so please share...

just looking at there prices on the covers there double what 4wheelparts get them at. 800 dollar cover for 1400 sale price?? no way!

I know this is an older thread but kinda pertains. Is the gasket removable?
I'm fixing to get my cover sprayed and am wondering if it will be worth the hassle trying to take it off, or just tape it off.

Thansk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back