Factory warranty on a salvage history truck?

atikovi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 QC was a recovered theft (without any body damage) and so it was issued a salvage title before I bought it a few months ago. When I titled it I got back a clean title. What would a Dodge dealer do if it needed warranty work? Warranty started 9/06.

According to my dealer, all warranties are terminated under a salvage title...

D

Unless a dealer has flagged the truck on the dealer network you should have no problem....just ask your dealer to check on how much warranty is left...dont tell him about the salvage since he may be one of "those" that will flag your truck..just say you want to find out how much time is left on the warranty...he can pull it up in minutes....

....if you are concerned PM your SN to me and I can get it ran...

sleeper said:
How does the dealer know what the title says?

Pretty good question.....

My guess is that because they use the VIN for all transactions that they have some kinda database for this kinda stuff....

But, I presume that one may be able to slide under the radar somewhere or another.... Hard to say.....

D

TNVIPER said:
Unless a dealer has flagged the truck on the dealer network you should have no problem....just ask your dealer to check on how much warranty is left...dont tell him about the salvage since he may be one of "those" that will flag your truck..just say you want to find out how much time is left on the warranty...he can pull it up in minutes....

Just do it.

The title is clean. The truck was stolen off the dealers lot so it had less than 100 miles on it when the salvage title was issued. The CarFax shows it had a salvage title but I doubt the service department would run a CarFax. I'm not looking to take it in for repairs, just wondering what would they do if I did but of course say nothing about the history. The warranty start date was 9/06.

TNVIPER said:

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back