Finally...Centerforce, Fidanza, X-Metal Gen-IV.....

z-man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a a few of you read my thread....

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8899

I figured I would let the forum in on the progress so members that are about to take the plunge can make a decision based on my experiences.

Brief history: I had the tranny replaced under warranty due to some during hard shifting. Drove the truck less than a month and the clutch fails...:confused: Find out later (thanks Clear Lake Dodge) it was due to low clutch hydraulic fluid when the tranny was replaced...:mad:

Present day: I decided to take all things into consideration before I made my final decisions on what products I was going to go with. (1) Reliability (2) My driving style (3) Pricing (After talking to Slow91...I decided #3 was pointless.....:D )

List of goodies....

Centerforce clutch/pressure plate, Fidanza flywheel, Viper master & slave cylinders, shim kit and X-Metal Gen-IV shifter....:star:

Visualize...everything installed.....leaving the stealership....stall the truck twice before I get it out of the parking lot. Totally different animal than I was used to....:eek: I'm very glad that I got my truck home that evening incident-free.

Slow91 (aka Esh) came over to the house and helped me understand the "whole combination" I had just upgraded to and how to get it rolling with minimal effort/problems.

I am happy to say that after 600 miles of proper break-in....I was ready to unleash the power of the V-10 under the hood that was trying to escape in the last three stops at the Shell station......:bike:

This is my best recollection of the events last night.....

Sitting at a red light........turns green.......take off easy in first (nervous).......nail the throttle.....tires barely "hazing" on the dry pavement....5600-rpms approaching very fast.....Grab the factory shift knob that is now sitting on top of the X-Metal Gen-IV....yank it straight back....never lifting off of the throttle....(shifter made a 100% positive click in the 2nd-gear gate)....the truck "side-steps" about a half-a-lane and proceeds to annihilate the poor Pirelli Scorpions......5000rpm's short-shift into third and wipe the $hit-eating grin off my face while letting the truck idle down to a crawl like nothing had ever happened.

I'll definately post up when I have a little more seat-time driving this BEAST!!! I can't wait for the 2nd-to-3rd powershift (gotta build up my confidence);) ....but if last night's occurrences are an indication of my happiness with my decisions in the last few weeks........there is a lot more fun around the corner. The track is NEXT!!:D

Btw, the "chatter" takes a little getting used to....I think it's just the nature of the whole performance oriented aspect of this set-up. I just throw a couple extra revs to get it rolling a little smoother.

The Gen-IV does have a noticeable vibration at different RPM's.....We're going to take the console out and take care of the vibration problem Monday at the shop. On a side note: We also installed the Gen-IV and took an extra step and made sure to Loc-tite all of the bolts.

Last edited:
You want chatter,I've got a buddy with a CTD w/ Double disk clutch set-up !!!!Man does that thing sound like it's going to fall apart.Then drop the clutch,and all hell breaks loose !!! I don't laugh at Diesels anymore !!!:rock: Sounds like you going to be having a bit of fun with your beast now !!!:rock: :rock:

Next is VEC III, water/meth, mopar long tube headers, Stinkers Rear End and the Roe Twin Screw...

Any questions??? Move out!

Prof said:
Next is VEC III, water/meth, mopar long tube headers, Stinkers Rear End and the Roe Twin Screw...

Any questions??? Move out!

Funny thing....we were just talking about his next mod and the "huffer" did come up in the conversation......:burnout:

That's why I can't keep money in my wallet. These guys are tempting me like constantly....

:confused: HUH? Stinker's rear end?:dontknow:

It's not temptation. It is the natural flow of the universe...an undeniable, irresistible, force of nature for man...it's called "BREATHING" we cannot ignore the desire to breath deeply. Boost that muther!

Venom Power said:
That's why I can't keep money in my wallet. These guys are tempting me like constantly....

Lol Ant.....we ain't doin' it on purpose......:star:

Prof said:
It's not temptation. It is the natural flow of the universe...an undeniable, irresistible, force of nature for man...it's called "BREATHING" we cannot ignore the desire to breath deeply. Boost that muther!

I concur.

Centerforce grips like a sumbitch!!! Put some 4.88's in there and then you can learn how to finesse the throttle..........as full throttle just spins em like crazy going into second.....so much you literally have to let off the throttle.

I gave my neighbor a ride last night. Turned left at a light, told him to hang on........punched it in first after I completed the turn........tires go up in smoke, back end starts sliding, shift to second (notta power shift) tires again spin so hard I have to let off the throttle to get moving....gained some traction and took off.............shifted to third then let off as our turn was approaching. He was blown away at the power!!! Said he had never felt anything like that.:D :D He drives an Eclispe!!:dontknow:

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back