Finally got my CDL

Ironhead said:
you will be back in two years if you have the hazmat endorsment !
How many times did you hit the curb turning on your driving test lol,,

I have to get my HazMat for the company I'm going with, that won't be a problem.
I ran over a curb the first time I took the test. Monday, the guy that tested before me (Tweedle Dumb) knocked down a telephone pole on the last right turn of the test.

Hamrhead said:
Can't
Do
Labor

:D

Congrats on the license.

Wherever you go, remember to bring your patience!

I'll be your way soon hopefully, I've requested runs near Lansdale to see my daughter more often.

labontecsi said:
I'll be your way soon hopefully, I've requested runs near Lansdale to see my daughter more often.

good luck with that trucking companys will tell ya any thing to get you to sign up ,,,did you at least get a signing bonus??

and i hope your first run you get a guy better than i did to show you the stops ,,,he studderd so bad it about made me crazy after 2 weeks ,,,

Congratulations Todd, I mean Tweedle Dee.:D

Attachments

• Tweedle Dee.jpg
    Tweedle Dee.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 17
  • Tweedles.jpg
    Tweedles.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 17
Ironhead said:
good luck with that trucking companys will tell ya any thing to get you to sign up ,,,did you at least get a signing bonus??

and i hope your first run you get a guy better than i did to show you the stops ,,,he studderd so bad it about made me crazy after 2 weeks ,,,
No signing bonuses, there are so many drivers looking for work they don't have to offer bonuses to newbies. I was lucky to get reimbursed for the training school.

Stinker said:
be sure to stop in at the chrome mafia shop in joplin, sweet place:rock:

oh and yeah, uh, no good buddy stuff:D

now all we got to do is come up with a db handle for ya:D

75 Chrome Truck Stop in Wildwood is a really sweet place to go and spend money !!! Stopped in with my daughter one time looking for train horns,and there was a Big Rig Truck show happening !!! WOW BITCH,was there some serious looking rigs with a chittload of Chrome on them !!!One rig even had a set of friggin spinners on it !!!:rock: :rock: :rock: MEGA $$$$$$$$$$ !!!

Took my CDL test last month. It a requirement where I work at. I know what you mean about the DMV.
The one's here in Oklahoma must take a special course in moving in slow motion. You can call them a lot of things, but fast is not one of them.
Be care, if you get a speeding ticket with a haz mat endorcement, the fine is through the roof.

If ya don't mind doing day-runs from Baltimore (or Atlantic City) to Philly and back.... call me in a year. I'll put you in a brand new truck and you'll make $1500/week. :eek: ;)

..... You need to drive for AT LEAST a year and have a clean record tho. :) .... Congrats on the CDL. We need good drivers in the field. :rock:

Excellent Todd.. I always wanted a CDL for the hell of it. I dunno why I never tried.. :congrats: Congrats on achieving your goal bro..

Black1 said:
If ya don't mind doing day-runs from Baltimore (or Atlantic City) to Philly and back.... call me in a year. I'll put you in a brand new truck and you'll make $1500/week. :eek: ;)

..... You need to drive for AT LEAST a year and have a clean record tho. :) .... Congrats on the CDL. We need good drivers in the field. :rock:

Sounds great Jake, but I live in SC. That sounds like my dream job though. I have been down the ACE so many times, I know it like the palm of my hand.

My plan is to drive for ConWay for at least a year, then either move up to a better paying position, or go O/O.

Congratulations Todd!!!! :congrats:

labontecsi said:
YAY. Took me a lot of tries to pass the friggin' test, but I got it today. I leave for Joplin, MO next Saturday for orientation at ConWay. I hope I never see the inside of a DMV office again:argh: .

Thanks Tony and Eddie for your advice and support.

Congrat's Todd...:congrats:good luck on the interviews:rock: :rock:

labontecsi said:
Damn! Right next door!:)

labontecsi said:
I lived in North Wales for 7 years, managed to knock one up before I moved south:p . Graduated from North Penn in 1993.
No Sh!t!

NP class of '86.:)

Class of '93 huh? So, that would make you,,,,,

Not as old as me...:dontknow: :p :thefinger:

Hamrhead said:
No Sh!t!

NP class of '86.:)

Class of '93 huh? So, that would make you,,,,,

Not as old as me...:dontknow: :p :thefinger:

maybe I am oder than you, just really, really dumb....I live near Stinker after all:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back