Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The track had an all day test and tune here in CO. Conditions are as follows

58 degrees
25% humidity
Track Elevation 6K ft
DA per accuweather was 7454 ft

2005 QC with Stage II, magnaflow cat back, airaid filter. Spare removed, 1/4 tank of gas. truck has 4K miles.

I made 6 runs, 4 were hot laps, then 2 were after an hour cool down.

14.4's @ 96 mph was the time of the day, all 60's were 2.2. Stock QC SRT-10's will run around 15.0-15.2's up here. It is very consistant, did not run any better or worse hot lapping versus cool down runs.

Overall I'm happy with the truck at this elevation. My Dad took his SRT-8 charger down as well, has about 7K miles, billy boat exhaust and mopar CAI. He was also very consistant, was turning 14.6's @ 97

At sea-level per another site and my conditions I should be in the 12.80's around 106.. not too bad, although not sure how accurate this is.

GB

Last edited:
Get Bit said:

58 degrees
25% humidity
Track Elevation 6K ft

2005 QC with Stage II, magnaflow cat back, airaid filter. Spare removed, 1/4 tank of gas. truck has 4K miles.

14.4's @ 96 mph was the time of the day, all 60's were 2.2. Stock QC SRT-10's will run around 15.0-15.2's up here. It is very consistant, did not run any better or worse hot lapping versus cool down runs.

Overall I'm happy with the truck at this elevation. My Dad took his SRT-8 charger down as well, has about 7K miles, billy boat exhaust and mopar CAI. He was also very consistant, was turning 14.6's @ 97

At sea-level per another site and my conditions I should be in the 12.80's around 106.. not too bad, although not sure how accurate this is.

GB

Pretty accurate....see sig.

Hey Nowhat what will take for a Qc to run in the 12.7-12.9 range.
I'm saying If you got Good weaher and traction.

Yep Kumar, 15's.. takes alot to run well up here, we will see 1-1.5 second difference from sea-level. But, everything is relative, my buddy with his RC hemi Ram Rumble bee ran 16.9's, lol.

One of these days I will get it down to sea-level, unless I end up and say fuk it and move as I'm getting sick of the cold winters, etc..

Annu Kumar said:

here on the west coast....you are going to need...520ish rwhp....how you get there is up to you....

BTW Sacramento has the fastest track in CA....go there and get a baseline....:rock:

Get Bit said:

58 degrees
25% humidity
Track Elevation 6K ft

GB

Hope to see you at the may 6 mopar at thunder mountain event at bandimere? I know the viper club will be there as well as myself and maybe "broke" from westminster.

Annu Kumar said:
I'd say all you gotta do is mash the go pedal and hang on. Even with a stock truck. :rock:

It's all about the weather and traction. The auto trans pretty much takes the driver out of the equation. :)

Curious as to what site your using for density altitude. I have the phone numbers for denver international airport, centennial, and jeffco. I usually call those numbers right after or around the time of my runs to get density altitude up to the minute.

Too bad there arent any airports closer to Bandimere that may give a more representative density altitude.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back