First Car Show Ever

JGUZMAN

Reaction score
So I spent about three days getting the 10 ready for its first ever car show with me. Took it to a cruise night on Sat night. I had the biggest crowd! "It's got ten cylinders??!!!" "How did you fit that monster under the hood??!!!" "Don't ever get rid of it, but if you do... here's my number" and the all too familiar "That thing gotta Hemi?" Then on Sunday morning, took it to a car show for a local festival. There again, had a huge crowd, almost everyone stopped to walk around it and check it out. There were tons of cars, but not many trucks in the truck class so I figured I had a pretty good chance.... I was wrong! Didn't even take third. I lost that to a riced out, chopped, blinged out S-10, with a stock inline 4 under the hood.

As Cubs fans say.... There's always next year! :confused::dontknow::confused:

Keep the faith brother..my last show I got beat out by a '26 Chevy pickup. But have won first and second place other times..yeah need some pics.

a lot of times its because no one really knows what our trucks are and look at the Ford and Chevys trucks with all the shiny chrome aftermarket goodies on them for Jc Whitney, Wal-Mart and or box store auto parts places.

Sounds about right.
Can't tell you how many people thought my engine was a drop in, not stock. You'd be pretty surprised how many people don't even know this truck was ever made!

So where are you in Illinois? You should hook up with the rest of us and show off that beauty!

unepu8em.jpg
y9e4ymup.jpg
gyre9yzy.jpg

That's really all I have.... I didn't take too many pictures.

Seriously though, we're really trying to get the club together and active around Chicago, if the camaros and mustangs can why can't we?

Besides, everyone knows being in the presence of other 10's gives you like 35 more hp to the wheels!

Seriously though, we're really trying to get the club together and active around Chicago, if the camaros and mustangs can why can't we?

Besides, everyone knows being in the presence of other 10's gives you like 35 more hp to the wheels!

LMAO!!!! That plus my K&N stickers is already 50 extra HP. HA!
I'm out of Aurora, so pretty close to you. I've been out to Joliet a few times, I was at the track for burndown at sundown (not sure if you went). Anyway, it would be awesome to get the 10's together.

Very nice looking 10's guys. I take my 10 to cruise nights and car shows a lot. I noticed if they give you a Trophy at a cruise night they seem to give one to someone else the next time you go.

Very nice looking 10's guys. I take my 10 to cruise nights and car shows a lot. I noticed if they give you a Trophy at a cruise night they seem to give one to someone else the next time you go.

We just tend to get kicked out of a lot of cruise nights lol.
Its pretty common to hear "Sorry, no big trucks. Park in the main lot"

That's because most all shows have no idea what these trucks are, thats why I got disgusted this year looking at what was placing..............all the time, money hours all for nothing, at least thats how I felt.......Good luck next one.

Funny thing is that even the Mopar owners don't know what these trucks are. For them we're all idiots that wasted perfectly good viper motor and money...

Hey, at least we've got each other :D
Only trophy I need is the one parked in my garage...well that and the one that sleeps in my bed

Funny thing is that even the Mopar owners don't know what these trucks are. For them we're all idiots that wasted perfectly good viper motor and money...

Yeeeea.... I was so surprised by this. So called Mopar fans didn't even know what this was. I even had a guy asked me why the "viper powered" emblems. He thought it was a "viper package" which he thought included rims, a hood, stickers, and a wing, and that's it.....That's when I popped the hood! And then :drool: :drool:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back