First day at UTI

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, today was my first day of my school at UTI. My schedule time is at 6:30 AM to 12:45pm. I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and leave at 5 in the morning. It is 36 minutes from my home to UTI. I borrow my father's nissan maxima because my truck is in the auto body. I really don't like my father's car. Lol. Anyways, I really am in love with my school! UTI is an amazing school. The teachers knew everything about the cars, brake, tranmission. I mean EVERYTHING! I learned a lot new stuff. I recently learned that our truck have the windage tray which I didn't know and didn't learn that at high school! I absolutely love my interpreter at UTI. They even taught me some of the sign language for the parts! It was cool. :D I really am happy that I choose that school. :rock: Any of you guys are still in high school....check out the UTI. You will absolutely love it. I am curious...any of you guys are the UTI alumni?

Last edited:
Annu Kumar said:
So Tyler you going to be a Auto Technician:rock:

Yup...a professional auto technician. :rock: I am studying ford, hot rod (super street) and diesel.

Congrats man. It's really cool to hear people staying in school...

On a side note

I wish i wasn't in the Medical industry

Do you know what UTI stands for?

Jeff

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:

On a side note

Jeff
Universal Technical Institute

On a side note

Jeff

Thanks! Yes, UTI stand for Universal Technical Institute.

Jeff

I was thinking the same thing!!:D :D I thought he hooked up with an unclean hottie this weekend and was going to ask how to treat "the burn"..:) :)

Well, They (UTI's) are not good...:eek:

Glad you really like the school!! I hope you enjoy the job when you are done, as much as you enjoy the school! Keep that enthusiasm, it is refreshing!!

Good Job Tyler :rock: :rock:

I graduated from UTI in '03, went on to BMW STEP (Student Technician Education Program).

Keep studying, fight the urge to screw off(I heard the day classes are full of kids straight out of highschool who want to dick around more than work), and find a part time job changing oil or something. Good grades, attendance, and a couple of S.O.P.'s (Student Of the Phase) are the things that really help you when it comes time to interview for the manufacturer programs as you get closer to graduating, and all your prospective employers will really like to see some kind of shop experience, not just book smarts.

RatMotor said:
I graduated from UTI in '03, went on to BMW STEP (Student Technician Education Program).

Keep studying, fight the urge to screw off(I heard the day classes are full of kids straight out of highschool who want to dick around more than work), and find a part time job changing oil or something. Good grades, attendance, and a couple of S.O.P.'s (Student Of the Phase) are the things that really help you when it comes time to interview for the manufacturer programs as you get closer to graduating, and all your prospective employers will really like to see some kind of shop experience, not just book smarts.

+1
I graduated from UTI in phoenix in 04' i think, with auto/diesel/ford fact..A year afte that i graduated I started the bmw step program and graduated a year and half ago. My advice to you my friend is take it seriously cuz there will be alot of people who just screw around... Alot of us turn wrenches cause we have ADD in one form or another:D Just keep ur GPA up there and more importantly ur attendance....dont start missing school..it is very bad habit.. As you go farther along you will start hear alot negative things about the school, dont let it deter you from going forward...What you put into it is what you'll get out of it. #1 thing right now, is get a job in the field! If you are gonna work at a dealership, go for the top and go get a job at your local BMW dealer. I've worked at all three..American, japanese, and German..I am def glad I picked the german manufacturer over all 3... IF need advise just let me know bro, i been thru everything when i went to school. Even racism

Thanks guys! That is so cool that there are some guys in here even graduated from UTI too. That's right...I am not going to give up at all. I am going keeping on show up the school and refused to missing school at all. I really want to success and I know I can do it. I am taking auto/fact/diesel now. I will be graduation on April 17, 2009. After that I am thinking about take NTI in North Carolina. NTI stands for Nascar Technical Institute. Who know, I would graduation from NTI and start work for nascar mechanical. :D That would be cool!

FerrariTruck said:
+1
I graduated from UTI in phoenix in 04' i think, with auto/diesel/ford fact..A year afte that i graduated I started the bmw step program and graduated a year and half ago. My advice to you my friend is take it seriously cuz there will be alot of people who just screw around... Alot of us turn wrenches cause we have ADD in one form or another:D Just keep ur GPA up there and more importantly ur attendance....dont start missing school..it is very bad habit.. As you go farther along you will start hear alot negative things about the school, dont let it deter you from going forward...What you put into it is what you'll get out of it. #1 thing right now, is get a job in the field! If you are gonna work at a dealership, go for the top and go get a job at your local BMW dealer. I've worked at all three..American, japanese, and German..I am def glad I picked the german manufacturer over all 3... IF need advise just let me know bro, i been thru everything when i went to school. Even racism

how is that for the power of the forum....:rock:

ntw0rk said:
Well, They (UTI's) are not good...:eek:

Glad you really like the school!! I hope you enjoy the job when you are done, as much as you enjoy the school! Keep that enthusiasm, it is refreshing!!

I'd take a UTI over a STD anyday

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back