FIRST LIGHTNING KILL!

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a trip off base to purchase resistors for my IAT mod at Radio Shack

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=488513&posted=1#post488513.

On the way out of the lot i was idling through the alley and got really pissed listening to my awful exhaust echo between the buildings, and red lined it in disgust.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24011

Right when the truck hit 6k a lightning was driving by and soon as he came from around the building he jerked the steering wheel and his truck shook. Guess he was startled! :dontknow: Now, stopped behind him, I threw my hand up in a way to not only say hey, but to appologize, i was embarrassed. He acknowleged. Giving his truck a once over i notice he flamboyantly flaunts his roush stickers like i do my Viper stickers. The next light we were side by side with the windows down i politefully told him it sounded good. He replies "Kaint say da same fer yurs but least its purdy" Light greens, while i was looking down at his pipes, and he gets a jump on me, instinctfully i defend myself with a controlled launch, no tire spin, i crawl him down in first till it hits limit at 45 and i used that pause to powershift slamming second at full throttle, no grind. (those at the SE GTG witnessed the awsomeness!) At 45 i was 2 lengths on him, The squall in third forced another length in an instant, I caught a glance from the corner of my as I was starting to go sideways. We breaked for the next light with cars in front of us.

He yells out the window, "these lightening have traction problems" I say "drive slow to get some room from these cars and ill show you traction!". Lugging 35-40 mph in 3rd we have nearly a football field ahead i floor the clutch, shift second and as this big block takes a second to rev he pulled a fender before i side stepped it. The truck threw me for a fuckin loop! I fish tailed right and left for about 5-6 lines and before i feathered the throttle long enough for the tires to catch up to the truck at 5k rpm. When I hit third I saw him give up 3-4 lengths behind me, Again i wave, after all second best is still faster than most, and I get nothing back from him. In common, we have fast trucks, modded exhaust, and stickers flaunting the brand. He just made a bad choice along the way.

Couple miles up the road i pull in a Burger King and cant hear the guy over the intercom, i shut it down and tell him to repeat it. Pulling around the building i see the same lightning in front of me and as as he pull offs i take my place at the window. He says, "Damn i see why you couldnt hear me that has a viper in it!!!, too bad that lightning just beat you" With nothing to prove I rolled the window up and drove to McDonalds!

Last edited:
lol good work bro .. good work.. and it looks like hes bragging to others that he beat you as well .. ture sign of a ford loser.. lol

Great Kill!! I'd like to try me one of those fords! Love the long face they get behind a dodge.

Good kill...I have never run against a Lightning in my truck but have went up against 3 when I had the SRT8...2 at the track and one on the street...all the outcomes were bad for the Ford..:D

I wonder why he said he beat you,,,, I just dont get some people.. good kill

Well any of you are ever in Mechanicsville Va, there is a white L with black stripes, yea he got his ass riped with his girl in the truck.

I got a lightning too, but the 10 will always get it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back