First start cold engine, turbine sound

ya they all did it .. mine still does has since new... oil filter fuel filter its something but not an issue ;) i think it sounds kinda neat

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
ya they all did it .. mine still does has since new... oil filter fuel filter its something but not an issue ;) i think it sounds kinda neat
Just curious, What oil filter are you using? Kinda sounds like a turbo huh?

J.R.

THis is a first for me hearing the filter can cause the noise. I will put a mopar on next year (my truck does not get enough miles for a milage change). Has a M1 now. I must say though, it is VERY hard to hear since I changed my exhaust.

JRSVIPR said:
Just curious, What oil filter are you using? Kinda sounds like a turbo huh?

J.R.

not sure all the oil has been done at the dealership.. ive never looked or even asked.. all i konw is when it starts it has this wining sound..

It would be interesting to see what filters cause this type of behavior, And why for that matter. I'm leaning towards Mobil 1 filter in most cases. If you could all who have this problem post what filter you have on, maybe we can pinpoint the culprit. In my mind if it is making this noise it could be a oil flow problem?:dontknow: Thanks in advance.

J.R.

I have a noise that continues while you drive until the oil heats up. I'm using a canton filter from Boomer. I believe it is the source of my sound and have not taken it off yet. I did get a new oil cooler put on just in case, but the sound is still there. Others had the sound with the same filter as mine.

I am running M1 now. But in the past I've used WIX or FRAM.... Hell, even when I was getting the changes done at the dealership I would hear that sound.. AND that was WITH a Mopar filter (I think). I am going to get a Mopar filter from now on and pay attention; especially when it's cold out.

ive used mopar, k&n, and ive used napa gold. neither have had the whine your all talking about. just a fyi.

I use only Wix filters, and yes mine makes that sound but I like it.

Bill.

eddie102870 said:
ive used mopar, k&n, and ive used napa gold. neither have had the whine your all talking about. just a fyi.

....and on the other side of the coin,;) I have run Napa, Mopar, M1, and an Amsoil filter(s)... and I still got the whine.:dontknow: Runs fine.

eddie102870 said:
i hope to have your whine hear shortly

I do too, your going to love it Eddie:rock: Pulls hard right out of the gate!

Hope she is more than expected for you Eddie:rock: Can't wait to see how you like it.... friggin mule down low.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back