First time owner, in sandy Dubai

moshehabi

Reaction score
So around three months ago my wife was looking to buy a car, and she kept saying she wanted to get a truck. She had driven a number of trucks over the past couple of years (worked for GM at the time), and she really enjoyed the experience.

Of course, being the "logical" half of the relationship, I kept telling her that a truck is very impractical in a high rise loving city like Dubai, what with the small mall parking lots and even smaller building parking. Ultimately, after much discussion, she finally decided to let go of the truck idea and got herself a Challenger (not a small car, but definitely more manageable than a truck).

So, when it came time for me to buy a car a month after that, what did I do? Bought a 2004 RAM SRT10 of course! Wasn't planned; was looking around for a used vette and came across this truck that needed some TLC, and I was ready to give it. Needless to say the criticism came swift from my better half. To add insult to injury, she also doesn't drive stick, so she's not even able to drive the truck we now suddenly owned. Things weren't looking good for yours truly until I took her for a ride and she experienced what WOT in an SRT10 felt like. Things are all good now. Thank goodness for V10s...

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Welcome from Texas and enjoy your beast! I have a couple customers over there with Viper Trucks so keep an eye out.

Welcome! Well, what does it feel like to own the baddest ass truck in the land?

Thanks all for your welcoming comments! And trust me fastestbrickonearth, I have no plans to teach ANYONE how to drive stick on a 500+ hp truck with no traction control...

I'll be posting some pics soon (need to take some, but the 115deg weather outside isn't helping), along with my upgrade plan for the coming couple of months. Since the vette I was planning to buy cost twice as much, I seem to have some funds lying around. Of course the logical thing would be to save them for a rainy day... the hell with that. It never rains around here anyway.

Welcome to the RBC. 2004 huh? Black silver or red then. Post up some pics and enjoy your stay at the zoo.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back