first trip to the track with the viper, and a few pictures

ARRESTmeRed04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it was crappy weather yesterday(2100-2200' DA) so I decided not to waste the wear and tear and nitrous on the truck and ran the viper a few times. First pass was against a CTS-V and I tried a 2000rpm launch which just killed the tires(2.49 60'). Second pass I bogged and then hit 2nd too hard and lit the tires up again. 3rd pass was the best of the night slipped the snot outta the clutch and grabbed 2nd easier. And we also took a few pics of all the cars together today.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6XMK31zr8&feature=c4-overview&list=UU1mfD-wlgPPW7dUl-jmup5A]03 Viper vs CTS-V - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVUmXJDaFdU&list=UU1mfD-wlgPPW7dUl-jmup5A]03 Viper 12.61@116 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBJtFkV-Ahw&list=UU1mfD-wlgPPW7dUl-jmup5A]03 Viper [email protected] - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome Bro! I'm assuming you are on your street tires? I'm actually a little surprised the speed wasn't over 120...... Awesome regardless!!!!!

Awesome Bro! I'm assuming you are on your street tires? I'm actually a little surprised the speed wasn't over 120...... Awesome regardless!!!!!
Thanks, not too surprised it was slow, everyone at the track I know were running between .3-.4 slower than normal.
Sweet line up homie

Thanks man, I will never buy another black car as long as I live though

Beautiful lineup of rides bro:drool:
And Black is yet best color at defining body lines and stance. The car just isn't the same in red although both are the only colors I'd get. :D

That's awesome. stock vert trapping near 120. Keep it up.

Thanks man, hopefully I can scrounge up some slicks soon. Might call bogart and see about some 18x3.5 fronts and 16x13's for the rear. Will have to pull the rear brakes completely off to fit them

How's the axels or cvs or whatever they are called on those cars? Strong enough to handle some sticky launches on slicks?

How's the axels or cvs or whatever they are called on those cars? Strong enough to handle some sticky launches on slicks?

Half shafts, basically a CV and they'll be good till about 650 rwhp in most cases. I think it's mostly to the guys running DRs instead of slicks from what I've read/seen. The soft Wrinkle wall of a slick saves them from most of the shock

Very nice Justin! ........But please stop picking on the CTS V's:D

Don't make me come over there!:aetsch:

Very nice Justin! ........But please stop picking on the CTS V's:D

Don't make me come over there!:aetsch:

I think it was his first pass as well, he still had paper plates too. I really forgot how pointless it was to run on street tires. Hopefully next time out will have some better results, what was it you ran last time with the V?

I think it was his first pass as well, he still had paper plates too. I really forgot how pointless it was to run on street tires. Hopefully next time out will have some better results, what was it you ran last time with the V?

11.85 @ 118.85. But I had drag radials, DA was 1208'. (Just a CAI and a tune.) What kind of truck was that in the 2nd video (was it Scott?). Oh, and the CTS V on street tires ran 12.24 @118.91 ( CAI & tune, DA was 1250').

Last edited:
Awesome collection! Great runs with the car too. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with some sticky rubber.

11.85 @ 118.85. But I had drag radials, DA was 1208'. (Just a CAI and a tune.) What kind of truck was that in the 2nd video (was it Scott?). Oh, and the CTS V on street tires ran 12.24 @118.91 ( CAI & tune, DA was 1250').

No sir, wasnt I! I believe it was a Chevy from our local "Racetruck" competition :dontknow:
Looks like they moved out fast too so I might need to up the ante sooner than later. :burnout:

The truck was a Chevy step side, not sure what all is done to it but I've seen it run low 13's before so I'm guessing he put nitrous on it. A few weeks ago domineering told me he wanted to run against my truck but after I made a pass I didn't hear anything else about it

It seems DA is very important to some. I just go and run and see what happens.

DA is very important to a NA engine, but it still affects FI and nitrous cars just not to the same degree. Not that important just running for fun but when trying to beat a personal best it can play a huge role.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back