first trip to the track

jason002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I love a standard!and I love a truck that will give a awesome 4th gear chirp!:rock::rock::rock:and aon a 2.1 60ft managed a 13.38 @105...not too shabby for a borla catback and a drop in k&n.its been 3 weeks and many bolt ons later,can't wait to go back.having trouble deciding on slicks,definately leaning towards 16"...dang I hate to grind that much on my calipers.nobody has ever made a low profile caliper or a rear complete brake kit rotars and all...oh well,keep looking.check the video out

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nodqAsWTsH0]SRT 10 1/4 mile - YouTube[/ame]

Cool. What is your end goal? Also, where are you located?

anywhere in the 11,s is just fine!!!:) probably mi 11's...I've got a good start on the bolt ons.winter project is to shave all the weight I can without sacrificing street performance.looking for slicks and some light front runners.

slicks = new clutch soon probably.

new clutch = rear end up grade probably

May want to get a drive shaft loop before running again. Maybe some traction bars too. I forget who just started selling the traction bars.

Bad things happen with sticky tires and wheel hop.

We sell the traction system to make your beast hook! 16" slicks are part of the equation as well. Yes shaving calipers sux but I've been researching alternatives that are affordable. We'll get you into the 11's with ease if ya wanna spray :elefant:

May want to get a drive shaft loop before running again. Maybe some traction bars too. I forget who just started selling the traction bars.

Bad things happen with sticky tires and wheel hop.

traction bars,check
drive shaft loop,yep will be purchased with slicks

We sell the traction system to make your beast hook! 16" slicks are part of the equation as well. Yes shaving calipers sux but I've been researching alternatives that are affordable. We'll get you into the 11's with ease if ya wanna spray :elefant:

definitely will spray eventually...just wanna play a little while first!yeah I heard the caliper grinding takes quite a while.I don't suppose anyone has had any trouble after grinding their calipers???oh and on the caliper hunt...I have called everybody I can think of...

tried wilwood,which did a caliper and rotar kit back in 2007 on a 4door I think it was called a silver bullet or something..big spray motor 10.78 1/4 though.on 15"slicks talked to 2 different people and they didn't seem interested in helping me out and their sh-t too high anyways!

buybrakes,no luck

AFCO only option was a weld on kit...like for a 9" ford but it was nicely priced

anyways keep me posted I'm kinda hard headed,I don't give up easy still on the search

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back