Flamesuit On..

lthlvnm04 said:
There are aftermarket ones available, but they are almost $1,000 for a set when you can get stock replacements for like $100...so if you know how to replace them, it's better just to go that route..

Sorry, but this is where you are wrong.

They are spending thousands of dollars to make the car faster, but they won't spend a grand to make it safer. All hell can break loose when you snap one axle and the car hooks hard.

And they are lucky they can get half shafts for a grand. I have a Ford 8.8 IRS in my SPF Cobra and replacement half shafts for it are close to $3000.00. I'm still going to buy them just to be safe. My life may not be worth much to me, but the innocent person that may lose theirs because of an accident caused by this is worth the world to someone else.

They won't break from the rolls these guys are going from, they break from a dig..or very low roll..

lthlvnm04 said:
They won't break from the rolls these guys are going from, they break from a dig..or very low roll..

I realize that the risk at higher speeds is reduced, but are you saying they never go from slower speeds? If you say yes, you are only fooling yourself.

The stock IRS in the 03-04 Cobras is pitiful, even in a stock car. You can't begin to get the tires planted, they chatter so hard it will knock the fillings out of your teeth. We converted my brother's 03 back to a solid axle and it was a huge improvement.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back