Flexplate / Flywheel ring gears

Mighty1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a ring gear for the flexplate can be purchased seperately? Or the ring gear on the 6 spd flywheel if it is the same tooth count and diameter as on the auto flexplate?

Olan at Reactor products wants me to find a source for ring gears so he doesn't have to cut the ring gear off of the flexplate that I sent him.

Anyone have any info about this?

Thanks!!

Oh look, I'm over 50 posts now...time to start selling stuff ;)

Any more info on this? I wish I would have saved my first one that was cracked now... :(

Does anyone know if a ring gear for the flexplate can be purchased seperately? Or the ring gear on the 6 spd flywheel if it is the same tooth count and diameter as on the auto flexplate?

Olan at Reactor products wants me to find a source for ring gears so he doesn't have to cut the ring gear off of the flexplate that I sent him.

Anyone have any info about this?

Thanks!!

Any more info on this? I wish I would have saved my first one that was cracked now... :(

I tried calling 2 different Dodge dealership parts depts and after being left on hold for 10 minutes each time I hung up. I guess I will try again tomorrow, maybe calling somewhere else NOT in Miami.

Try a PM to Dragon (Patrick at Avondale Dodge). I'm not sure if he'll have the info, but he's a straight shooter. :rock::rock::rock:

I tried calling 2 different Dodge dealership parts depts and after being left on hold for 10 minutes each time I hung up. I guess I will try again tomorrow, maybe calling somewhere else NOT in Miami.

Any luck on this? I may have some time next week that I could help research with Patrick if you haven't yet.

Any luck on this? I may have some time next week that I could help research with Patrick if you haven't yet.

I researched it the best I could on the internet and could not find any part number for a seperate ring gear. I have been super busy at work and will stay that way for at least the next week and then I will start back on this again.

Please post if you find out any info.

the ring gear for the automatics only comes on the on the flexplate. not sure how may teeth are on it.

the ring gear for the automatics only comes on the on the flexplate. not sure how may teeth are on it.

Thanks for the info!! I will let the guy know at Reactor and see what the plan is then.

So I spoke to Olan at Reactor products today and now he wants me to find out if there is an OEM number for the stock flexplate. I gave him a part number from a dodge dealership which I checked online and it came up good. He checked with his supplier and it did not show up as anything. Any ideas? Why would the part number not be the OEM number?

:dontknow::dontknow: I wonder if he's looking for a junkyard interchange number?

Hollander Interchange: The Best Tool for the Right Part

I don't know if they go to the flexplate level though...

So I spoke to Olan at Reactor products today and now he wants me to find out if there is an OEM number for the stock flexplate. I gave him a part number from a dodge dealership which I checked online and it came up good. He checked with his supplier and it did not show up as anything. Any ideas? Why would the part number not be the OEM number?

Why would the one from the RC's be any different? They have to be the same profile and tooth count, otherwise the starters would be different. Check and see if you can buy just the ring gear from a RC truck.

(Forgive my ignorance - I haven't had a manual trans SRT apart)

How does the ring gear attach on the manual trans flywheel?:dontknow:

Why would the one from the RC's be any different? They have to be the same profile and tooth count, otherwise the starters would be different. Check and see if you can buy just the ring gear from a RC truck.

Thanks - the one on the flexplate is a weld-on, but that's not to say it couldn't possibly be used.

They are basically a press fit. Heat the ring gear with a torch and it expands, then drop it into place and let it cool.

I'm starting to get pissed at this guy from Reactor products. I don't understand why he can't find out this stuff. It's like he doesnt want to make the damn thing and sell it.

Anyway, he is the one who made the flexplate on the Batram. Now I know that has a 4L80E trans but wouldn't the diameter of the ring gear be the same since the starter bolts to the block? It seems like it would have to be to engage the starter. I asked Olan this and he said it was a different diameter. Not sure if I believe this.

Might be time to start looking elsewhere for this.

I'm starting to get pissed at this guy from Reactor products. I don't understand why he can't find out this stuff. It's like he doesnt want to make the damn thing and sell it.

Anyway, he is the one who made the flexplate on the Batram. Now I know that has a 4L80E trans but wouldn't the diameter of the ring gear be the same since the starter bolts to the block? It seems like it would have to be to engage the starter. I asked Olan this and he said it was a different diameter. Not sure if I believe this.

Might be time to start looking elsewhere for this.

I dont understand how it could be a different size.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back