Florida State Statute 567.11

Pretyflywiteguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
567.11 Evidence of legal election.--In all prosecutions by the state for the unlawful sale of intoxicating liquors, wines, or beer contrary to prohibition regulations, the introduction of a copy of the record of the result of the canvass of the returns of the election as made by the county canvassing board and recorded in the minutes of the proceedings of the board of county commissioners, or in any book used as a book of record in the office of the clerk of the circuit court, duly certified to by the clerk of the circuit court, for such county in which an election shall have been held, shall be taken as prima facie evidence that said election was legally called, conducted, and held.

http://leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0567/ch0567.htm

Someone explain how this pertains to the possession of alcohol by a minor, please. Also, when did it become necessary to give an officer your SSN for the citation/summons? What would happen if you refuse to provide it for personal identity safety reasons? :dontknow:

The female got a citation/summons tonight :hahaha: :damnmate:

If you are seriously concerned and need some legal input I can send your post to my daughter. She is a criminal defense lawyer in WPB. She handles DUI's frequently...but she is very expensive...if she is hired.

I read through a few of the statutes, and it appears that 567.11 requires, in cases concerning unlawful sale of alcohol, that proof of the election of the measure being passed, in which a particular county made alcohol illegal to sell, is presented as evidence that it is actually illegal to sell alcohol there. In other words, it must show that the particular county held elections in which it became illegal to sell alcohol there, if someone is being accused of selling alcohol in said county.

Anyone disagree?

I don't interpret law and my daughter does not decide what mods go on my truck.

Don't know about that law. As far as the SSN thing goes, I've never had to and I never will give them that. I'm sure they can find it anyway in their databases, but that's what they'll have to do if they want it.

Ram From Hell said:
I read through a few of the statutes, and it appears that 567.11 requires, in cases concerning unlawful sale of alcohol, that proof of the election of the measure being passed, in which a particular county made alcohol illegal to sell, is presented as evidence that it is actually illegal to sell alcohol there. In other words, it must show that the particular county held elections in which it became illegal to sell alcohol there, if someone is being accused of selling alcohol in said county.

Anyone disagree?

Right, but she didn't buy/sell the alcohol. The tenant of the apartment, provided the alcohol as he is over 21. I'm not trying to be a "jailhouse lawyer" as I'm not going to represent her in court but I have studied laws. I don't see how this summons is accurate as she did not walk into the store or provide money to buy anything except a card for her friends birthday. :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back